Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

15X12 coil-this dog can hunt...

I spent a little time on a salt beach today with the 15X12 inch coil running Beach 1, sensitivity on 23, GB was initially on 9 and set to tracking. I dug a few coins and then hit a "5" and thought it would be another tiny piece of aluminum or foil. I took out about half a scoop of sand and shook it out. The target went through it and I got on my knees and started using the carrot pinpointer. It took me a few minutes to finally get the target in my hands. It was a heart stopper for a few minutes. My wife was able to read a 925 on the back. I keep looking for it's mate. I had to settle for just the one. Just a CZ but it could have been a nice real diamond just as easy. But it does prove that the 15X12 is really sensitive to small targets. I think that it was between 3 and 4 inches deep. Yep, this dog can hunt.

I agree the "Big" coil can smack the little targets as good or better than the others. I haven't been to the sand yet but it's working in the dirt.

Jeff

can't wait to use my Christmas 15" on my Nox 800

On the beach..... im looking for gold. The large coil may do well on high conductors and coverage....... but the real proof of its worth will be in the small gold range. Right now.... IMO the standard coil is knocking it out of the park there.

I have not seen any reports on how it swings in the surf. Common sense tells me the bigger they are the more resistance they have.

goodmore said:
I have not seen any reports on how it swings in the surf. Common sense tells me the bigger they are the more resistance they have.

It sucks! At least on So Cal beaches. I was hunting with it on wet sand at a minus tide. The swells on these beaches won't let you actually hunt "in" the surf. I can be on wet sand one second and waist deep the next from a rogue wave and the surf will pull you off your feet if you aren't careful. And "yes" it has a lot more resistance than the stock coil and the 6 inch. I am using it for coverage on the wet sand during low tide certainly not in the surf on purpose!
Finding that earring with such a small amount of metal (I still have to check the post and mount to see if they are gold (a reading of 5 would certainly warrant an acid test) as my wife tells me that women routinely change the backs to a stronger one as nobody see it anyway) with a 15 inch coil certainly confirms that it is sensitive to very small targets for sure.