Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1700 Club

I'm sure we all have a few coppers from the 1700's... I have 3 KG IIs... Early State Colonial Coppers... 2 early ones (Baby Heads)... 1722 Rosa Americana... but my favorite is this one...

1785 Nova... Scripted US Pointed Rays (Crosby 5E Variety)

91910_NovaObverse.jpg

91910_NovaObverse2.jpg

91910_NovaReverse.jpg

Paul

I found this coin with the X-terra 705. I am hoping to get me a E-Trac sometime this summer. It is a 1758 Isle of Man penny which I found in Whitefish, MT. Amazing finding a coin from an island between Ireland and England in Montana, let alone one 253 years old. It is made of copper. It was attached to a pocket watch fobmany many years ago. I found out there used to be a Manxman that lived here along time ago but had moved back to the Isle of Man.

1721 King George I, found last year in Delaware. It's the oldest coin in my collection.

1784 Louie 14th sen

I love that Nova its on my GET LIST for sure. In my picture my favorite 1700 coin is the 2 reales. My oldest is there too but its in the 1600 club.Please ignore the 1800 coins this is the picture I have handy.
Thanks for lookin.

They are
1774 2 Reales
1786 Fugio Cent
1787 CT Copper fine
1695 William III Silver Shilling
1806 1 Reale
1798 Large Cent
1804 1/2 Reale
1787 1/2 Reale
1723 1 Farthing
1800 Large Cent 80 over 79

I never dreamed I would ever dream I would ever find a 1700s coin in Ohio, we were not a state till 1803............1773 Virginia half penny

Found a 1724 King George 1st. Half Penny and a no date ( 1727 to 1760 ) King George 2nd Half Penny in Maine last summer - found both coins and the other relics shown here near an old cellar hole in the woods. Then a few months ago I found this 1783 Spanish silver Half Reale near an old home site here in Ohio.

Gday :ausflag:

Found 19th May 2011 using TTF
1797 Cartwheel penny King George III

my "rustic" coin is on the left and a nice clean one on the right

T59

how did you clean that coin...looks great....i have found some 1700's coins also...soaking in oil for now....i have quite a few coppers and my partner just found a pewter coin 1700's..not sure on what to use on that one....love the etrac!!

gingerlm said:
how did you clean that coin...looks great....i have found some 1700's coins also...soaking in oil for now....i have quite a few coppers and my partner just found a pewter coin 1700's..not sure on what to use on that one....love the etrac!!

Hi ginger...just hand wash then a light scrub with a small soft brass wire brush which is about the size of a toothbrush.
I also have a Dremel but you must be careful with what brush you use of this as you strip away any nice green patina on some coins....But not valuable coins
This coin had no patina just some green corrosion and dirt
hope this helps
T59

Well, I'm finally a member of the 1700 club, but I don't know exact what it is yet. It looks similar to some of the coins posted above. I found it today. If you know exactly what it is I would appreciate the help. The date is 1779.

congrats!!! what you have there is a spanish reale...........awesome find!!!! where did you find it? give us a story!!!