Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1723 Wood's Hibernia Type 2 Half Penny, Nice Condition

Thanks Tony
Who ever said Treasure Hunting was easy LOL

Patriot 1776 said:
Thanks Tony
Who ever said Treasure Hunting was easy LOL

Oh my gosh, you are so right. I've come home absolutely exhausted after a day out detecting. Those are two coins you should cherish. If it were me, I'd frame them and put them on my living room wall.

Tony
I have been Detecting on and off since i was 13 yrs old
Good days and bad days

I am 52 , I have a friend we call BushWacker, He goes into the thickest woods , thorns,poison ivy, ticks, logs cut, fallen tree's, thick brush, hills , swamp.ect
I am exhausted at the end of the day, My feet are killing me and the entire body. People come into the MetalDetecting shop and see my finds in the display case,.
They reply , all this stuff , ooh I can do this. I say Hard work and doing your History and "Good luck to you " LOL.

Thank you for your kind response,
I see you have found a 1775 King George 3 Half Penny
Nice find

Kschae4

Those Colonial Coppers can be a challenge,,If they have been found in high fertilize ground from a farm field, some times there nothing going to bring them back to life.
Olive oil works, not a bad Idea but I stop Using it because it Darken the coin.
This is Crazy but I have a good friend that soak his Coins , Shoe buckles ect in . detergent motor oil for a week or so, and things come out looking really nice.

Check out this blog on Colonial Shoe Buckles the top ones have been treated with motor oil and the bottom shoe buckles have not

http://www.metaldetectors.com/blog/colonial-shoe-buckles

Congrats on the great finds !
Another example of why you don't give up and go home early in this hobby - it can really pay off at the end of the day ! :clapping:

thank you
Long days pay off , your right
Happy Treasure Hunting

Great find Patriot 1776! If I dug something like that, I don't think that my feet would touch the ground for a week! Continued success and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks
As You know you have great days but also slow weekends detecting.
Sat/ Sunday only two silver coins modern Merc 1926, washington 1953
I spent a lot of time detecting, Waiting for that 8-10 inch signal but it never came
thanks for your kind words , keep in touch.
Happy Treasure Hunting
dennis