Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1781 Carolus III from N.C.

dougj7

I just returned from a one week visit to New Bern, N.C. where my brother lives. I found a 1781 one reale silver on the curb strip near Fort Totten park. That was my only decent find and I managed to scratch it. 12-40 on the CTX about 4" deep. I thought it would be a wheat cent.

Congrats on the awesome coin you detected and I'm sure there's more to be found on that strip of ground but isn't it disappointing when we scratch coins when retrieving them....been there done that! I'm always careful NOT to disclose exact locations or pic's on where I find items. It isn't a bad/selfish thing to keep that info; to yourself because you or your brother may want to go back to recover more there. I will sometimes give general locations and leave it at that....congrats again on the reale!!!:clapping: G.L & H.H!!

Sweet find! I agree with Goldstrike - I would not be disclosing the location to this sweet hunting spot.

Goldstrike said:
Congrats on the awesome coin you detected and I'm sure there's more to be found on that strip of ground but isn't it disappointing when we scratch coins when retrieving them....been there done that! I'm always careful NOT to disclose exact locations or pic's on where I find items. It isn't a bad/selfish thing to keep that info; to yourself because you or your brother may want to go back to recover more there. I will sometimes give general locations and leave it at that....congrats again on the reale!!!:clapping: G.L & H.H!!

very cool find!

Congrats on a KILLER find ! :clapping:

Congradulation on that Great Find- Take a Friend with you. --Just kidding-Pictures from my 2 day Beach Finds May 2013, Flat Buttons on the Left and the 1800' s Coins on the Right. goldnugget-
CoinampButtonDisplay2.jpg
ButtonDisplay1may2013jpeg.jpg
ShieldNickels5May2013jpg.jpg
CoinDisplay1.jpg