Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1793 Large Cent?

This past weekend I found this & it is so much thicker than any other coin I have found so I thought it was a slug. After cleaning, I could see the strawberry leaf or some type of 3 leaved leaf at the bottom so I am thinking this may be that coin. I can't see a date, so I am guessing about the year...

Looks like a flowing hair to me, if it is a strawberry leaf it could be worth huge money, don't touch it until you learn more..

There's no dought it's a coin but to put an exact date will be hard. Green discs in the dirt are fun to dig no matter how they come. Nice find

It looks like it is not the strawberry leaf, still a great find!
[attachment 296899 1353_37656251_2200.jpg]

I think I clearly see a 3! Good luck with it! You ever hunt near Camp Roosevelt, Ill be there with scouts in September. Thx, Mike

I took up this hobby because there were no Coin shops where I grew up. Now I make a living in a large shop that covers both pursuits. That is a 1793 but the real question is....is it a Chain Cent?

Leaving it alone and getting it looked at is the thing here. Corrosion is heavy so any work should be done by someone who knows how to make the best of a bad situation and reveal the reverse details...no such thing as a bad 1793 and what a dream find!

This is my third large cent in a year..this latest one is dated 1820..its very corroded so leaving it as is