Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1909 Penny and 2 Indian Head Pennys

Explorer.se

I finally got to go back to the site where I had previously found 7 wheats and this time I was rewarded with finding my first pair of Indian Head cents. I’ve only found 4 before at different homes. This is a first for me. I love digging them. I also found a 1942 D nickel and the 1909 wheat cent. I can’t see an S but it’s m ok with it. It’s my second ever 1909 penny. Some day I will find the S. I also found an old button and a garter suspender clip with some info on it. All and all it was a fun trip in the rain. I was surprised I did not find that many wheaties, only two but I will take it. Thanks for looking.

P.S. Is my suspender garter silver?

Attachments

• IMG_6356.jpeg
    IMG_6356.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_6357.jpeg
    IMG_6357.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_6358.jpeg
    IMG_6358.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_6359.jpeg
    IMG_6359.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_6360.jpeg
    IMG_6360.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_6361.jpeg
    IMG_6361.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_6362.jpeg
    IMG_6362.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 83
Nice condition finds. There is more there.

I finally got to go back to the site where I had previously found 7 wheats and this time I was rewarded with finding my first pair of Indian Head cents. I’ve only found 4 before at different homes. This is a first for me. I love digging them. I also found a 1942 D nickel and the 1909 wheat cent. I can’t see an S but it’s m ok with it. It’s my second ever 1909 penny. Some day I will find the S. I also found an old button and a garter suspender clip with some info on it. All and all it was a fun trip in the rain. I was surprised I did not find that many wheaties, only two but I will take it. Thanks for looking.

Successful hunt in my opinion. I will take an IHP all day everyday. Congrats.

Congrats on the IHP, war nickel , first year wheat (pretty nice shape by the way ) and the other cool finds. The war nickel should clean up with a soak in lemon juice and baking soda. The garter doesn't look to be silver. Good luck. Mark

Don't know what it is but Indian Head pennies seem to be one of everyones favorite. Me too !!!

Check the reverse of the 1909 wheat. At the bottom it may have the initials VDB, initials of the artist. They are usually faint, so don't rub too much.
Worth more than with no initials.

Looks like a fun hunt.

HH
Donna(NJ)

Congrats on the IHP, war nickel , first year wheat (pretty nice shape by the way ) and the other cool finds. The war nickel should clean up with a soak in lemon juice and baking soda. The garter doesn't look to be silver. Good luck. Mark
Thanks Mark, I appreciate it. I will take your advice and clean the nickel. Can’t wait to get back out there again. This time when it’s not raining. 😊

Don't know what it is but Indian Head pennies seem to be one of everyones favorite. Me too !!!

Check the reverse of the 1909 wheat. At the bottom it may have the initials VDB, initials of the artist. They are usually faint, so don't rub too much.
Worth more than with no initials.

Looks like a fun hunt.

HH
Donna(NJ)
Thanks Donna,

I appreciate it. Yeah they are my favorite targets for sure. Ok I will check for the initials and wont rub on it. If I see something I’ll share back with you. Yes it was a fun hunt. I don’t get too many of these.