Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1910-S Cent and 1901 Dog Tag

flinthunter

Here is the picture of the 1910-S lincoln cent and the 1901 Peoria dog tax dog tag that Star found Sunday. Daryl

0187tag.jpg

Awesome finds Star! I love the old dog tag. Thanks for the pictures! HH, Nancy

That looks like a couple on entries for the finds of the Month contest to me.......:biggrin:

Both are good finds especially the early dog tag. It would be even better if I can find out who the tag belonged to and they were someone prominent in Peoria's past, but I think Star is going to stick with her half dollar for her entry in find of the month. Don't quote me on that since I'm often wrong.

Her half could be in most popular or most valuable and the dog tag can go in Misc. and the Wheatie could be entered in the oldest. You can one entry per category.

I see what you are saying now. I must of had a brain lapse when I read your earlier post. I know she had something picked out for the misc. but the dog tag might be better. The wheatie is quite a few years too new to be her oldest find this month. Daryl

I have asked City and County Offices and was told they do not keep the records of tax tag purchasers. Any dog tag 1919 and older is worth around $10 and up going up more as the age increases. You can get into the $50 range and up if the date is in the 1899 or older. Good luck finding more.

Thanks for the info Steve. I spent some time on the phone today with the Peoria City Clerks office. The city clerk was supposed to return my call this afternoon but it never happened. The person I talked to said she thought the dog tax records might be found in some old ledgers that are stored there. It would have been interesting to see who the tag belonged to but I think its a lost cause. Daryl