Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1920s pocket spill...best find to date

tnvarmint

Went hunting again today with Dr. Bill during our lunch break to the same spot we have been hunting the last few days. We have been hunting the sidewalk strips around some 1920ish house lots. We have managed a few silvers out of this area but nothing great. Today however is a day I will remember for a long time. We had been hunting for a bit and were about to get ready to head back to work. Right along side of the road I got a rather deep 12-41/42 signal and figured it was a deep wheat. I dug the plug and a couple inches deeper at the bottom of the hole I rolled out a beauty of a dime. I could see it was silver right off and after a quick rub I saw the "One Dime" on the back. I got Dr. Bill's attention and showed him the coin. I could make out that it was a 189? coin so I was excited. This was my oldest coin to date. I piled the dirt back in and covered up the hole and walked away.

Just out of shear luck as I walked back to make a few more swings before heading back to work I coil passed over the hole on a back swing. I got that sweet silver ping and knew there was more in the hole. I pulled the plug again and started pulling the coins out. I must say my hands were shaking while pulling all of these out. Once I had cleared everything out I wound up with a 1895 Barber Dime, 1909 Barber Dime, 1919 Merc, 1920? Merc, 1917 Standing Liberty Quarter and a 1923 Buffalo. I also got a 1941, 44 and 47 wheat from other spots along with a little clad.

This is with out a doubt a hunt I will not forget for a long time. I have read about others finding stuff like this but never thought I would find it around here.

congratulations on making such an outstanding dig. i always rescan the hole hoping for a spill but its been a long time since i found more than two coins in one hole. your one hole makes a great day any day!

Fantastic hunt Mike - congrat's ! :clapping:

I was there with Mike when he found the coins. Hopefully he can put that money towards the operation that he needs He now needs plastic surgery to remove the grin from his face .
Congrats that was a great find !

HH all :detecting:

Dr. Bill next time you'll know to just follow behind him, he'll leave some for you, and have the plug already dug for you too.

LOL in my defense I normally rescan all my holes. I was just so excited over the barber I forgot. It was my oldest coin to date and my first 1800s coin. At least I did rescan the hole afterwards even it was on accident...

Mike that's an awesome coin spill :thumbup:

I seem to find one SLQ per year, but so far they've all been dateless :rage:

HH,
Brian

Those are finds that would make anyone proud. Nice hunt!

HH, crispy

Talk about a cool find! Or finds! Cool story! Always recheck your holes fellas.... you NEVER know!

Must have been very exciting, congrats on a great day of detecting. -- Randy