Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1942 Merc

At the local football field, trying to get a couple of hunts in before everything starts growing. Got a 11-44 signal about 7'' down around a some junk targets. Out comes a 1942 Merc. Was running 2/3 open screen with manual 30 sens, runs a little noisy but nowhere near my F75 with sens cranked up. Love the E-TRAC

never heard of anybody running it wide open ... congrats

Love those Merc's - congrats !

One less merc lost to history! Nice job!

I run manual sens. 30 in low EMI areas with known deep coins, with a smaller coil, in good soil conditions, closely cropped turf and sometimes with an open pattern.
Takes a while before you can separate the wheat from the chaff with all that squaking going on.
Otherwise i'll crank up the manual sense til i get a false every couple or so sweeps. Thats my sweet spot for most sites.

There are spots I have to run auto but if I can run man 30 I know I get pretty DEEP. If Minelab would redesign the E-trac using the same tech but fixed the weight issue I think they would have a hard time keeping these in stock. Every negative issue is with swinging this for very long. It seems adjusting the arm cup more forward takes away a lot of the arm pain I was getting.

Try a swing support. You can make one for fairly cheap out of paracord.. it won't mildew or deteriorate and if it's knotted right can be really comfortable

Congratulations on the Merc. First one I ever found was a '42 also! Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac