Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1945 War nickel...

Jeff-I agree,the more I can learn,no matter how wacky it seems at first,the more successful I can potentially be. Whoever came up with that whole “knowledge is power” thing was onto something!

Joe-That’s interesting as I’ve heard others say the CZ is quite a machine and they were very successful with even when the going got tough. Anybody can find a quarter at 4” in sod,but put that quarter in difficult conditions and it gets blurry for some machines pretty fast! And,I’ve also heard that EQ is growing on ALOT of people...:)
I love the CTX to death,for many reasons. Some units a person just clicks with and I’ve been extremely fortunate in my relatively short time in this thing!

Steve-Yes,I’ve heard the “blue and grey” and “this logo with the composite board and special this and that”....I suppose it just comes down to what works for a person. Someone around here said “the best you know is the best you’ve had”. Ain’t THAT the truth! As long as there are old coins to be found,you could put about any machine in my hand and it would be good with me.:)

Joe, I read many pots and here and wonder if the weight was checked on these odd war nickles.
I know that is not easy to do, but might help with another clue.
I always said that some 1965 quarters seem very bright after digging them. I suspect that mint might unload last year’s reserves, in this case extra silver. Unless they just had the mixture wrong for the new product line.

I found a 1944 P yesterday at a 13 VDI because your post had me trying to find one, LOL.

Thanks
Tony

One thing detecting has taught me is that random is lumpy! You go years without finding a certain thing and then they come in a flurry, then not again or maybe an occasional find far apart.
My buddy called last night to report he just found his FIRST war nickel after nearly 20 years of serious hunting! I think I have 3 in less than half the time. Go figure!

tcp said:
I found another 1943 nickel yesterday making it two in two days. I do not think I found three before Sunday in thirty years of detecting. They came from two different parks. It too read a 12 or13, so I figured another nickel, and it was only about two and a half inches deep. I am surprised that they do not read higher with the silver content.

pasttom said:
One thing detecting has taught me is that random is lumpy! You go years without finding a certain thing and then they come in a flurry, then not again or maybe an occasional find far apart.
My buddy called last night to report he just found his FIRST war nickel after nearly 20 years of serious hunting! I think I have 3 in less than half the time. Go figure!

I found another 1943 nickel yesterday making it two in two days. I do not think I found three before Sunday in thirty years of detecting. They came from two different parks. It too read a 12 or13, so I figured another nickel, and it was only about two and a half inches deep. I am surprised that they do not read higher with the silver content.

You know it Tom,I waited 6 years(I think) to find a Stander. Then found 4 in like a month or two...it is lumpy!:)