Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st gold for 2014

texjim

I got the honey due list done and ran into town to a spot that i have been hunting for a couple of years now. This is the first solid gold ring that i have gotten from this spot. I was reading a post on here that said about dropping the sens down to 50,55, rx3 because of mineralization. With me living in the coal region of Pa. i was anxious about trying it even if it was only for a few minutes. That's about all it took before i pulled the ring out of the ground. It was 3 1/2" deep vdi was 48. I did not find anything deeper than 5" with this set up. I also found 4 memorials. Thanks for looking

Nice find and good write up. :clapping::whites:

Yea some gold.... I havnt found any for a while. My detecting buddy got a nice gold band with his v3 last week, he doesnt post his finds.:ninja:

Very nice recovery :thumbup:

Great find. I am still waiting for my first ring. Hope to snag one by the end of the year. I am sure you all will know when I sbag one. Were you running 3 freq? What would be better to sniff out gold? 22.5 or 7.5 Single freq?

Sweet reward! :clapping:

Howdy Jimmy--

Excellent find! I know what you mean about lower sensitivities sometimes working best in some ground conditions. At some of the vacant lots that I hunt, using the V3i with the 6x10 coil and 6, 50, 55 sensitivities, I've had no problem getting mercs at 7". I believe that I would get them deeper if they were there hahah. Congratulations on your beautiful ring! Best of luck and ...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel