Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st gold ringwith etrac

jimmy

Went to the beach thursday, got my 1st gold ring since selling my MXT,whew!! I was getting worried that the etrac wouldnt hit gold, I hope I got the monkey off lol, anyway was a good day I also got a small sterling ring and a large sterling & turqouise ring they both will look great when I clean them up, I also gt a 1943 merc and a 1952 rosie and $7.16 in change. The gold ring is 14kt white gold and weighs 2.7 grams it's small but i'm happy it rang in at 12-05 but sounded more round and smooth as compared to a pulltab at 12-05 sounding bumpy, ring was 8" deep,

awesome, congrats on your first etrac gold!! I still haven't found any gold with mine, but my fingers are crossed.

Awesome, glad to see you getting gold stuff.
congrats on the finds and mostly on the Gold.

Major Congrats:clapping:

You got a Haul with the Gold,Sterling and Silver Coins

The Best Day I've heard of in a long time

By the way I have found Seven Gold Rings with the ET this past year and half and only one was found at the Beach!

So No Worries about the ET finding Gold

Congrats...I also have not found any real gold with mine either...Just plated stuff...Gold comes in all over the place...
But usually sounds solid.

HH,

Dude
Congrats you will never forget that sound, or that co-fe number my is 12-07. Any 12-07 I pump my brakes and dig:beers:

I had been digging pull tabs at fe12/co5 but they sounded bumpy with multiple variations, but the 12 fe & 05 co number that came up when I found the ring was very solid and sounded much more smooth & round with no changing numbers, solid 12 fe 05 co moving around 360 before digging,I am hoping that this is the norm and not the exception because pulltabs are a pain as you know and can waste valuable time digging them plus they are hard to pinpoint once you get them out of the hole. I had no trouble at all pinpointing the ring.

thanks.will keep an eye out for that number but I normally just ignore all numbers since Im going to dig it anyhow and its a waste of time

much more smooth & round in what?

oops forgot to mention I used multi conductive tones

Great hunting! Nice gold as well as the other goodies.
Cheers
Doc

Very very nice finds and congrats on that first goldie with the Trac. :cheers: It gets the golds.
Doc

Thanks Diggindoc and everyone that gave me encouragement to stick with the Etrac, I am getting used to the etrac much quicker than I 1st thought, I had used the MXT with a lot of success and knew it inside out after 9 years, but this Etrac has really Wowed me with its capabilities & possibilities. I will always respect the MXT for what it was designed to do but this Etrac is a Super Detector!! I am learning that thos low 12-02 to 12-20 can be jewelry enough times that they are worth digging especially at the beach. Thanks all

Most of the gold I have tested comes in at 12-08...The plated garbage comes in all over the place depending on the base metal...My last ring rang up 12-42 because the base metal was copper I think.

HH,