Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st hole dug for 2013 and maaaybe silver?

DirtDean

Hi all, this is my first attempt at uploading photos to findmall (crossing fingers) The quarter was found on Jan 8th and was the very 1st hole I dug in 2013. It was about 5 inches down and read 12- 46... silvers are rare in these parts so imagine my excitement! Then just today, I got out for a quick hunt during my 1 hour lunch break (I can eat in about 5 minutes) :detecting: So I was detecting behind an old dormitory where the ground does not see daylight in the winter. The ground was completely frozen and hard as a rock. After getting out a hammer and chisel for a six inch deep crushed can, I moved across the street to where I was told an old house once stood. (more light to melt the ground too) The first "good" signal of the day and my shovel pushes in easily :thumbup: So I pry the dirt out and have to dig down another 2 inches or so when I see the gleam of what appears to be a silver sheet, all folded up and mangled.... I unfolded it best I could and still could not see a makers mark... This piece of metal remains a mystery... Silver? Aluminum? I've compared it to some of my other silver under a microscope and I like to hope but I will take it to the jeweller to be sure...

Also found a couple wheaties, handful of mixed clad, 2 hotwheels, and the usual misc LoL

HH

Congrats on the finds - hope the sheet turns out to be Silver !

Thanks for the pictures and congratulations on the finds. I hope it turns out to be silver as well, be a nice score!

NebTrac

So I took the "silver sheet" to the local pawn shop to have it tested... Well, turns out it is not silver at all :thumbdown:

Since I was going anyway, I decided to take this little cross I found in a park several months ago... The numbers on the Etrac were waaay off for typical silver finds and I usually don't dig these signals in trashy parks... The numbers were 10fe and bouncing between 4 and 6co...

There are not any markings anywhere but I thought maaaaybe white gold? Or more likely junk LoL NOPE! Turns out this little beauty is sterling all the way :wiggle:

So while I was a bit disappointed about the ornate little sheet, I was quite pleased and surprised to find out this is silver. I just weighed it out of curiousity and it comes in at 2.9 grams

devoting this weekend to detecting as much as possible! Been getting skunked pretty good on recent hunts, so wish me luck!

May your beeps be many and your pouches full O goodies :cheers: