Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st morgan

McDean

Well, I got my first Morgan silver dollar today! However, I did not dig it :( I bought it at a flea market... its an 1889 in very good circulated condition... I bought it for less than melt price, it weighs 28 grams and is one of the most beautiful coins (never seen or held one til today)

Can someone post Etrac fe-co #'s of their morgan dollars for comparison? Pinpointer gives a different reading than 8" coil...?

To those who have dug one or more of these... I can only speculate...

HH

hiya i think ray mo fourth topic down gives alot of your american coin numbers cant see the morgan on there but hey i am from uk so you might call it something else hope that helps or i am sure someone more knowledgable will come along with answer nice coin to own hope you find one one day

If i remember it should read 01-41,or real close.

LabradorBob

01-41 air test, I didn't have my E-Trac when I found it and it was detected with my CoinStrike. I want to find another with the E-Trac so I can hear it scream! lol

Thanks guys, my 8" coil reads 1-40 but when I switch to the probe it reads
1-45... haven't scanned w/pro coil yet... atleast I have a pretty good idea its real LOL

Had mine ring up 01-38 to 01-43. Seems like it held 01-43 most of the time. On certain back swings it would go to 08 or 06 with a 43 or 44 Co number and hit 12-46 once. It was 6" down and 100% on edge with no other target (iron or anything) at all near it. It was strictly a stand alone coin.

For those of you that maybe haven't seen it or those that wish to I did get that on FULL Dig with shot of the screen and of course the unveiling. It was certainly a very fun find.

Here is the link.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?63,1329601,page=1

Since then, I think 2 weeks after this find, I did find an aluminum can. But it was just under the surface. The only aluminum can I've found at that place so far.

NebTrac

Nebtrac Man, enjoyed your video and shared your enthusiasm.. awesome find:cheers: Looks like easy diggin there! Its like concrete around here LOL

kindergarten question for everyone, but how do you re-size a photo to add to a post?

McDean said:
Nebtrac Man, enjoyed your video and shared your enthusiasm.. awesome find:cheers: Looks like easy diggin there! Its like concrete around here LOL

kindergarten question for everyone, but how do you re-size a photo to add to a post?

I use Faststone photo resizer. I believe its free...at least I've never paid for it.

http://www.faststone.org/index.htm

NebTrac