Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st silver of 2013, a big one!

moonshine

Found my first and only (so far) silver of 2013 today. (havent been metal detecting as much this year due to the weather and family stuff.) last year on this date i had already found a total of 49 wheats, this year, none!

Anyhow I researched up an old structure. I wasnt even sure if it was really something, or not. Sure enough when i got there today, there were remains of the chimney, wood laying around, and also at least two outhouse locations nearby. So I was feeling pretty good about that. unfortunately, there were practically no finds except for two coins, one of which is my first nice find for this year and the other, a crappy '99 zincoln! tons and tons of junk though. i think someone maybe beat me to some of the coins. thats ok though.

Now this structure is located near a small ravine. I was working my way up the ravine, trying to imagine following the path someone else might have taken long ago. I got a hit.....2-46, 6-47, 2-46, 2-46, depth = extremely shallow, right under the surface....I thought 80% sure this is junk...weird reading too....but it was repeatable and i thought well i of course need to see what this is....so i dig out maybe 1/2" of dirt, just really prying up the soil a bit with my digger, and see something silvery colored, and i thought, oh what kind of junk is this? i pull this baby out of the ground and i realize its silver but i thought what is this some kind of medal or token? then i realize what it is and i am so stoked!!!! A barber half! YES!:biggrin: its been so long since ive found a barber half i cant really remember for sure when that was. maybe in the early 90's or late 80s. it felt great to find a half again, nice and hefty coin!

good luck to you all on your hunts!

Congrats! Love your old coins down there.:thumbup:
Cheers
Doc

Bee utiful ! :beers:

Nice "O" minted

Nice score!! That's awesome

Great find! Still waiting on my first Barber half.

That is a nice find. Hunting the off path ravine is a great story and I think most of love to hear what others do to get into the RIGHT spot. great job. and good luck on the next one.