Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2012 was a good detecting year...

Johnny Cache

I saw on another forum here that some other winter bound folks are showing their season-end finds. Here are my 2012 totals...

My first hunt this year was March 14, the ground was still pretty frozen, but I couldn't wait any longer. The last day I was able to hunt was a few days after Halloween. I have a couple feet of snow now and its been -20, so I might as well post my season's finds!

My overall 2012 coin count is much less than the last 2 seasons, but I actually found more silver this year. I found a total of 678 coins with a face value of $33.43 and 1/2 cents. I doesn't seem like much considering I hunted 12-15 hrs/week for 7 months. I live in a sparsely populated area, and I'm not very interested in finding clad. I like the old stuff! Out of those 678 coins, 52 are silver. Four 'V' nickels, three Buffalo nickels, four Indian Head pennies. My largest silver was the 1902 Barber half, my oldest silver was the 1891 Victoria dime. My oldest Canadian coin was the 1844 Province of Canada Half Penny, and oldest coin ever is the Chinese Sheng Tsu coin minted in Peking 1661-1722.

I found some cool relics, like the small toy pistol, old toy cars, lots of stuff not pictured. My ring count was down, but I think I may have found my first gold ring ever. I thought it was plated, but upon closer inspection, I think it is solid! It even has an "M" engraved on the front (my name is Mike), so I cant wait to get it back from the jeweler cleaned and tested.

By far my best find of the season, and basically my most valuable find EVER is the 1903s key date Barber dime. I found it 2 inches beneath a 1900 "V" nickel. Thank god I rechecked THAT hole!! It is a beautiful coin, I'm still shocked that I found it.

These are my finds, thanks for looking, and I can't wait to see all the stuff everybody else found (and is still finding).

A good year indeed.............:clapping:

A heck of a good season ! And a very nice key-date barber dime ! Congrats !! :cheers:

that 1903 barber is great

Fantastic finds! Glad you re-checked that hole for your super nice 1903s Barber dime! - Jim

You really killed it, Johnny! :clapping: Thats some tough hunting up there, but it looks like you have patterned your hunting style to your living area quite nicely!
Mud

Wow!!! Great finds for sure!!
Yes 2012 has been good so far.Its on its end now winter will sonn be here but still there no frost here in Sweden.Just gonna keep on detecting until it is impossible.
We found a Chinese coin yesterday as well,looks old but have no ID on it yet.

Do you have a picture on the reverse side of the china coin?

Here is the chinese coin.

Mike

EOS, your coin looks like it may belong to the Emperor Jen Tsung, Reign Title "Chai-ch'ing A.D. 1796-1820". The other side of the coin will help with the ID. This link may be able to help you:

http://www.calgarycoin.com/reference/china/china8.htm#kang%20hsi

Thanks, and good luck with your Chinese coin!

Yeah, that's a great year. Pictures are really great quality.

Man that barber dime is pristine, and the Chinese coin I also landed one
of these and it is my oldest coin by far this year congrats on a stellar silver year.