Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

20K Gold Day!

enderman

In another thread about disappearing targets you may have read about this peekaboo.
I spontaneously headed out for a short hunt before Thanksgiving dinner, glad I did.

It's got Hallmarks and "800" stamped into it making it 80% pure gold. Man she lit up the dirt when I first saw it, goosebumps for sure.
The stone is either Onyx or Jet, as in "Jet black". 5.6 grams making it worth a couple hundred bucks up here.

I also picked up a silver dime and a couple more nicely toned nickle coins, a pink and green one to add to my collection.
The Jewelry at the bottom is junk, the bottom nickle is toast but I keep all the old nickles.

I'm telling you guys the 11" LF coil in 18kHz is insanely deep on big gold alloys. This ring wasn't a shallow round 3D pop sound like the others I've found, this was a bent up beaver tail sound. The ring was in the 8"-10" range, I'm not sure exactly.
I'm getting bigger gold and more older nickle with the Deus then anything I've swung, it's sweet.

So the ring is from Portugal, 19.2K not 20K as I originally thought.

I'm not sure about the second hallmark, that might help me date it a little better. Right now it looks like it might have been made between 1938 and 1984.

Very nice !

Congrats on finding on that 20K gold ring with onyx setting! Were you hunting at a public area or a homesite?

Thanks for sharing! I tried out my 11" coil yesterday and got a 64 nickel and 72 quarter on this old farm. Nothing to write home about.

About where did that nice gold ring come in at number wise at 18kHx?

Tony N (Michigan) said:
Thanks for sharing! I tried out my 11" coil yesterday and got a 64 nickel and 72 quarter on this old farm. Nothing to write home about.

About where did that nice gold ring come in at number wise at 18kHx?

I'm a Deus Lite hunter so to me it sounded like a deep beaver-tail. Not very round, kinda that somebody bumped the record player sound.

I just fired up the headphones and checked, the ring is a 65. The caveat though is because it was a cranky, record player tone, I'm not sure what number it would have landed on in the field.
It would depend on the swing and whatever the last noise the detector decided to make on that swing.

Deep targets make wide responses. It makes a rip sound from say 60-70 in one swing, know what I mean. A single swing on a deep target can have 10 ID's together in a range and they are all accurate, the screen will show just one number, that is why audio is king.

The sound said deepish upper mid tone so I dug it.

The last gold ring i sold i told the man that to check it because it had a dull finish and i suspected it was fake, no markings inside, he came back and said it was 22K Wow, i think i will test more of my rings from now on.

Ya I guess 22K would be very soft and full of small scratches after a bit of use. I bet it was pretty yellow!