Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

22k and 14k short beach spin

Buried Crap NJ

Haven't had a chance to do much detecting these days. Putting in new bathroom and have a nice cut on my palm! But I saw the beach cams and plenty of people on the beach, so I gave it a shot. Saw a bunch of hunters? Skimmers really! Running about the beach aimlessly from one spot to another? Some were seasoned hunters but for some reason they though the good stuff was over there.....then over there.... then over there? Some covered a half mile of beach 3 times and I never made it a hundred yards from the center section. The coins were loud and numerous with the bum hand I choose to dig gold like items and quarters. Came back with 13 nickels about five bucks in clad. These two pieces of gold. The ring was the first to jump in the scoop on the towel line 22k 2.5 dwt. barely a tone on the first sweep but clear as a bell when I reacquired it! Down the slope a few feet away in the damp sand was the 14k 1.5dwt. pendant. I spent lots of time looking for the chain but no good. I was using the CTX3030 today. Note: Never made it to either end of the beach....... I must have missed the good stuff? LOL!
BCNJ

Ya sorry I am not real big on TID's when open hunting I keep 50 tone set and listen for the lower gold tones I'll look up if I hear a strange sound to see the TID. But most often its indicating 13 for nickel 46 for quarter. But when searching for particular(known) lost gold items like rings I look to see 20,22,24 associated with the tone. I don't recall looking at the TID when I heard the low tone just scooped. I would check for you but they were scrapped this morning! Sorry
BCNJ
martygene said:
TID's please? Thanks and way to go!!!

Nice looking gold!

NICE BCNJ! You brought up a great point. I too like to follow the marathon hunters. Biggest mistake Minelab hunters make is moving to fast. Congratulations and I hope your hand gets better soon. HH :minelab:

I have to smile when I see these guys going to a race trying to get it all before someone else. Ain't gonna happen, I once went behind four guy all lined up covering the whole beach wet sand area, they were going way to fast, I went in there tracks about 75 yards behind the first guy in line. Got two gold rings thirty yards apart. Turned around went back down where guy number two had just gone and got another deep gold, did a couple more back and forths with no hits, then my last pass behind the forth guy about half way back hit another gold, ended up with three small yellow gold and one medium size white. I guess the saying speed kills ain't that far fetched when it comes to detecting. They seen me digging but never came and ask me what I found which was good I hate to see grown men cry. As I always say, it's there you just gotta slow down and hear it. The CTX is a great, fast machine, but it too has to slow down to have time to punch down to the deep gold.

I agree with Mr. Edwards 100%. Many times I've seen people using expensive Minelab machines; swinging them like a golf club and speed-walking the beach. They might find the shallow and medium depth targets but they'll never get any deep gold. Multi-frequency machines have a slightly slower recovery speed so you need to slow down. Never pay any attention to what other treasure hunters are doing on the beach. Take your time, sweep the coil properly, and always overlap. Good luck G.E. Edwards and happy hunting!