Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

26th silver of the year is in awesome shape!

I got out for a hour after work yesterday, hunted an old empty lot in town. I've found a few wheaties there Sunday, but no silver. The only coins that I found yesterday were a 1967 clad dime, and this 1914 D Barber dime. The Barber was up on its end about 8 inches down. I could only get a good reading one way, a 10-44, the other way was a 22-43, 21-40 switching back and forth, I started not to dig, but changed my mind. I've only been metal detecting about 6 months, but I learned a great lesson yesterday, when in doubt "DIG". That's number 26 silver coin this year, I'm a big etrac fan.

Mike

Nice Find! and it looks sharp!

What a beauty!!

Looks like it was still hot off the press when lost... nice recovery! The last barber dime I found is in terrible shape, the date was barely readable. TTF seems to be working well for you amongst the nails :cheers:

McDean said:
Looks like it was still hot off the press when lost... nice recovery! The last barber dime I found is in terrible shape, the date was barely readable. TTF seems to be working well for you amongst the nails :cheers:

I used Andy's coin pattern, conductive sounds, deep on, fast on, and manual sensitivity at 26.

That is one nice coin, a beauty. Thanks for the pictures and congratulatons on the silver. - Randy

You'll never regret some digs and that is surely one of 'em! A BIG Congratulations to your 26th silver of the year. Your on course for great silver numbers.

NebTrac

AWESOME Barber buddy, one of my dream coins!!!! some of you guys have great locations, 26th this year.. i've only found one and get out almost everyday..... good on ya bro:thumbup:

A beautiful Barber in excellent condition - great job finding it !

Nice. When I sweep a deep coin, I watch for consistency with the conductive reading and don't worry too much if the ferrous reading bounces around. A bouncing ferrous reading could mean iron in the hole with your coin or a coin on the edge of detection range.

Rich