Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3 Hour Hunt some Buttons Silver Coins

I passed by a corner lot/field where there was a new building being prepared to be built. Along the perimeter of the site, there was this black tarp to keep the construction debris contained, as I eyed this site last week.
I stopped by at 12:00 to ask the construction guys if they mind if I hunted their, & they said once we leave you can do what you want, that would be around 4:00. As I cased the joint, I had a better feeling on the part where the bulldozers haven't been which was closest to the road, the building was going to be set back about 100 feet from the road, so I decided to hunt the untouched portion.

I first found a button which came up at 11-37 at 5 inches, so I felt confident right off the bat.

The CTX screamed at 11-43 at 5 inches, I figured it was a dime or a penny as sometimes they creep up high on the conductive side. I saw the silver rim, so I knew I had a silver dime and it turned out to be an 1894 Barber Dime.

Next a 12-45 came across the CTX and I knew it was a quarter, it was 6 inches deep, I was hoping to be an older style but I am happy with it being a 1945 Silver Washington.

About 20 minutes later, she screams again at 11-46,12-46. I was not thinking this would be that good of a find since it was only showing 2 inched deep. This part of the soil was hard rocky sand so I can understand why it did not get so deep. I was using my Lesche Raven in this field as this shovel does a great job & it it is not too heavy to carry on your shoulder or drag behind you. As I stepped on the shovel, it barely went down an inch, so I turned over what I could dig out & this half dollar coin pops out, wound up being a 1920 Liberty Walking Half Dollar. You gotta be #*^@%$# me, as I looked towards the road I noticed a few drivers looking at me act crazy when I found this & they must of thought I was a mental case. Anyway, by this time I was so fired up, it was 6 o'clock & getting dark, but it was warm, so I decided to stay for one more hour.

I found a few more buttons which came up at 11-36,37 at 5 inched deep & some pieces of junk along the way. Also found a 1926 Lincoln penny which came in at 11-37.

Then BAMM, that familiar11-43 screamer again at the same 5 inches & low & behold, another silver rim which turned out to be another Barber dime from 1892.
I am used to finding silver coins in the 7-9 inch range, but I guess this hard-pan sandy soil has a buoyancy level that keeps the coins from getting too deep.
I will definitely be fired up for the next few hunts as days like this keeps you wanting more. The pictures aren't the greatest,think I may use a tripod next time,or get a scanner.

The CTX is a silver magnet, it locks onto silver coins inches away from you being on top of the coin. Hope everyone has the opportunity to have a multi silver day.

Congrats! Finding two barber dimes, a silver quarter and a walking liberty half (not to mention the buttons) is one great hunt. That silver sure lets you know it is there, doesn't it! Your post should serve as a reminder to those folks who ignore shallow targets that depth of the target does not necessarily represent the age of the target. Again, great hunt. Nicely done. HH Randy

Like Digger said that was a great hunt. Congratulations on the silver. Check that place good there should be more. Hopefully more BIG silver. HH :minelab:

Nice job sniffing out that site Don - glad it paid off for you with some great silver:thumbup: