Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3 legged Buffalo.....

oneguy

I usually just clean nickels on one side because of the work involved. Last night after posting pics of my finds I'm looking at the back of the '37 buffie I dug yesterday for a mint mark and think I see a possible 3 legged buffie? So I scrub some more dirt off for a better view and it looks like the 3 legged? Then I grab my Red Book and check up on the 3 legged and see 1937 D so my nickle "might" be the one? I decide to clean it further as carefully as possible for a better view? It sure looks like it to me and even has the hoof on the ground like in the Red Book. I dig a few nickels and most of the older ones are pretty toasted and sometimes even worse after cleaning. But some, depending on how old, how long in ground, fertilizers, etc. can actually clean up real nice once in a great while. This '37D is one that cleaned up nice and probably in the best shape of all my dug nickels? Before you ask my cleaning is pretty close to G4E's description on his website. I spent lots of time looking at this under different light, inside, outside, under a magnifier, etc. and I think it's the real deal. If so....it'd be my first semi rare find. Boy did I get lucky on the condition of this nickel. Any nickel that is dug has pitting damage and that slams any potential value so please don't slam me to hard for cleaning it.......???? Here's 3 different pics too see....but under the magnifier I can tell it's the real deal. The 3 legger was icing on the cake for a successful hunt yesterday............

It looks like the real deal to me, a BIG congrat's on that one....:clapping: and this is why most of us hunt for the older coins, in hopes of finding the rare ones

I was on that auction site trying to get a possible value on the 3 legger and may have learned something about 3 leggers? One coin dealer selling one said that one way you can tell a counterfeit is that the real ones were "well struck" and will have "what appears to be a stream coming from underneath the belly". It certainly appears my coin has a "stream" underneath the belly? Take with a grain....I read it on the net.

I concur with the rest of the guy's...........that's a real 3 legger!!!!!

Congrat's on a rare find!

Iowa Dale

Man your ground must be mild. I never dug a Nickel that good ever, even after cleaning. Nice find!
What ever G4E method He should bottle it as could make a fortune selling it to coin shops and coin hunter's!

Outstanding ! :beers:

OMG!!! congratulations! it sure looks like it to me!:clapping: