Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3030 gives me my SECOND IH nickel and some other interesting items,,,,

grouser

A few weeks ago my hopes of EVER finding an IH nickel were fullfilled and I thought after so many hours of looking and not finding one that they must be a rare find in my area (NORCAL),,,, I thanked my lucky stars and my CTx for the honor,,,,,, then low and behold I get ANOTHER ONE this week !!!!! Was sitting in my Dr's office and wondered who owned the lot next door with the old abandoned house on it,,,, so I asked the receptionest and she asked the DR and he said it was part of the property they leased and to hunt the crapp out of it if I wanted to,,,,, well this is what I got after just a few hours,,,,,
-ND IH nickel ( wonder why it was stamped "16" on one side and "6" on the other????)
-two Shell game tokens
-Fire Dept. button ( not a button expert,,,,anyone tell me if it's an old one or not,,,looks like a newer one with the pressed out back)
--on a side note went back to Indiana where I was raised for a week and did not take the 3030 and was CONSTANTLY seeing places I would have loved to MD,,,,, glad I left it cuz there would have been little visiting with family unless they were willing to wear a set of HP's and walk along side of me while I'm tecting,,,,hehehehe

I found my first ih nickel last week on a lake beach that is hunted all the time by other md'ers. I was trying out my new scoop. Yours is in much better cond than mine all I can make out is the Indian head and that's it. It's weird that some one stamped yours. Nice find

Congrats!!

I hardly get any nickels with my CTX!

Great finds and great idea on asking about the house lot. Construction sites are good places too and the nice thing about them is you can usually be more sloppy in your recovery, plus dig more questionable signals without fear of excessive lawn damage.

thanks !!! what's up with the stamp thou????

The F.D. button might be early 1900's but still a dandy find. It has been in the ground for a lot of years.

thanks Larry !!!

Nice finds very interesting stuff. congrats