Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5 kHz ABYSS

RG-DeepTech

Findmall Sponsor
You wanted it and we made it for you :)
5 kHz ABYSS with a new design of 14" coil is ready for you.
More information on Monday
🙂

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Some people did not get tired of hating, in most cases - Bulgarian detector manufacturers.
It hasn't stopped for 15 years now and I'm trying to get used to it, @bigchuckinva ...

Anyhow, as promised - here the technical specifications for #DeepTech #ABYSS.
But, please, be patient - here the ground is frozen. Today was the first a little warmer day - from -4 until +7 C.
So, hope tomorrow will be possible to make some tests and publish them.
So, here the specifications:
- Operating frequency - 5 kHz;
- 14" round DD waterproof search coil, supplied with coil cover;
- Modes of operation - VCO variable audio. VCO in Vista ABYSS is driven by discrimination and signal strength - the bigger the object, the louder the sound (higher or lower depending on the type of metal);
- Audio Frequency - variable;
- Power consumption - 100 mAh in standby regime;
- Search mode - slow motion;
- Manual Ground balance;
- Sensitivity control;
- Volume control;
- Threshold control;
- Led Low battery alert;
- Batteries Requirements – we strongly recommend to use 8 x 1,5 V AA Alkaline Batteries or rechargeable Batteries with more than 2000mA/h;
- Battery life - 18 hours;
- Cable Length (approx.) -53” (135 cm);

Question: if I have a steel washer the size of a U.S. dime and a U.S. dime both at 6” in depth, are you indicating each target will respond with a different audio report? Thank you.

MModes of operation - VCO variable audio. VCO in Vista ABYSS is driven by discrimination and signal strength - the bigger the object, the louder the sound (higher or lower depending on the type of metal)

One more question to RG-Deeptech:
Have you consider adding optional Target ID meters to your machines with multiple audio tones? I am highly impressed with the depth your machines obtain even with higher vlf frequencies
(Ex. Vista Gold 25khz) Here in the United States, I hunt public parks and they are polluted with trash targets. With all the trash, I am very selective in what targets I recover. With multiple tones and a numerical Target ID meter, I’d be more inclined to purchase your fine detectors.

Will be interesting to hear reports on how well the discrimination works. On low frequency detectors I've used in the past, the discrimination has not been a very sharp cut-off.

The mode of operation reminds me of the Gen mode on my Anfibio. Nokta did not develop it to full potential, it is weaker than the motion Disc modes.The Rutus Versa also has a similar mode but it lacks small target sensitivity. I hope the small(coin size)target sensitivity is good for the Abyss.

One more question to RG-Deeptech:
Have you consider adding optional Target ID meters to your machines with multiple audio tones? I am highly impressed with the depth your machines obtain even with higher vlf frequencies
(Ex. Vista Gold 25khz) Here in the United States, I hunt public parks and they are polluted with trash targets. With all the trash, I am very selective in what targets I recover. With multiple tones and a numerical Target ID meter, I’d be more inclined to purchase your fine detectors.
Jimmy, On the Deep Tech machines you have a Low tone for anything below the Disc set point & a High tone for anything above. BUT, there is also a third tone exactly on the Disc point that will flip flop between low & high. If you like you can set the Disc to break on a Nickel and know it’s a Nickel. The Vista X has Dual Disc. That gives you 6 tones. Set the first Disc to break on a Nickel & the second Disc to break on a Zinc. Now you can hunt modern trash and dig Nickels and high coins and skip the Al & Zincs. It just requires thinking about what you are doing instead of running on autopilot. The Deep Tech audio is very telling. I trust it as much as a TID meter, even more on deep targets.

Jimmy, On the Deep Tech machines you have a Low tone for anything below the Disc set point & a High tone for anything above. BUT, there is also a third tone exactly on the Disc point that will flip flop between low & high. If you like you can set the Disc to break on a Nickel and know it’s a Nickel. The Vista X has Dual Disc. That gives you 6 tones. Set the first Disc to break on a Nickel & the second Disc to break on a Zinc. Now you can hunt modern trash and dig Nickels and high coins and skip the Al & Zincs. It just requires thinking about what you are doing instead of running on autopilot. The Deep Tech audio is very telling. I trust it as much as a TID meter, even more on deep targets.
Thank you for the information. Much appreciated!

Deeptech detectors are awesome! They are the deepest single frequency machines I have ever used! The audio on them is very telling! Once your ears and brain learn the audio it's like you and the detector become one. My only wish would be that they would put enough discrimination in all their detectors to knock out can slaw so I can cherry pick places for higher conductive coins like silver. The Vista X does allow that. The build quality is amazing it's built like a tank! Thanks Rosi for letting us know about the new Abyss!

Hello, guys :)
The first movie for ABYSS is ready. Depth test.
On our test bed - clay soil.
At the beginning of the video, the sound of an iron applique and a shovel is shown. After that one after another are tested: a Bulgarian nickel alloy coin with a diameter of 3 cm; a copper plate with dimensions of 5cm/5cm and a thickness of 3 mm; a bronze appliqué 4 cm in diameter and weighing 53 grams; a pile of about 60 modern coins - among them, most of them are dimes USA( maybe around 30 pieces ), Bulgarian, Romanian, Spanish and Euro coins.
The scale is graphed in centimeters. The depths are visible on it.
Next video - coming soon - how discrimination is used in ABYSS - when what items are rejected.
We are starting to collect orders.
Tomorrow the information will be sent to all our dealers.
But anyway, the courier companies are already jammed with parcels and we will start shipping in the first days of the New Year to avoid this moment. Orders will be processed in the order received.
Here the movie:

In regards to inquiries I received about our new #ABYSS detector - here are some clarifications, what was sent to our dealers today too.
#ABYSS is typical relic hunting unit.
As you already know - the device work on 5kHz frequency which makes it easier to find large, deep-buried targets. But as you can see from the first video we published yesterday its depth and for large coins is more than good.
The #ABYSS don't have all metal and silent discrimination mode under the presumption that deep targets may sometimes not give accurate information about the type of metal, which would lead to missing valuable objects.
#ABYSS is very easy to use thanks to only its four controls.
At the same time it's a device really for experienced searchers who are primarily interested in relic hunting.
Тhis is not a device for hobby seekers who spend a few hours for pleasure on the beach or on metal detectors meeting.
In the movie below we use the same targets what we used in previous movie for ABYSS - Bulgarian nickel alloy coin with a diameter of 3 cm; a copper plate with dimensions of 5cm/5cm and a thickness of 3 mm; a bronze appliqué 4 cm in diameter and weighing 53 grams.
Together with them - iron nail, foil from old cigarettes, another one nickel alloy coin with a smaller size.
You will see at different discrimination positions how different objects sound.
The position of discrimination are as follows: far left position, between 20-25. From 35 until far right position you will hear that only the massive copper and bronze objects remain to be heard with a high pitch ( this goes for silver as well ).

Until it's time to ship the first new #DeepTech #ABYSS units in the first days of January ( thank you for your orders, guys! ), we continue to tune the unit for you with some minor tweaks for better comfort and performance in the field
🙂

We reduced the originally announced consumption from 100 mAh to 69 mAh in standby regime. And now the ABYSS consumption with sound is 80 mAh.
This all mean that the battery life increased too - from 18 to 25 hours
🙂

On your questions about the price of the unit, for those who haven't read my post with the announced price - 567 Euro will be export price for all countries outside EU. For EU countries VAT is added.

Happy Holidays!

We are using the time before shipping the first #DeepTech #ABYSS units for some tweaking and testing.
This time we are on different place and are testing thin heavily rotted bronze sheet with size about 10cm/10cm and weight 67g.
Below the surface of the soil is 55 cm, and as you will see the #ABYSS detected it more or less above
🙂