Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6-22-11

LandOLincoln

I honestly believe the ace 250 is only effective 5-6 inches max on coin sized targets. I have yet to dig farther than 6 inches to retrieve a coin sized or smaller target. Found an 1890 IH 2 inches down in a flour garden, 1917, 1931 D, 1936 Wheat Cents, and a $0.05 Trade Token tonight.

WOW! I love those Indian cents. Those are ranked up there with silver in my book. Many of the old Indians are worth a lot more than silver also. Great finds and looks like you've got yourself a great area to detect. Keep it up! HH, Nancy

I dug every signal above foil and every one way signal just to see what I could come up with. All the one ways were rusty nails and all the pulltab and nickel signals were aluminum tabs or bits of can slaw. I've only found one nickel in the yard all these are coming from. I don't know if the silver is just too deep for my Ace or if it just isn't there. And I meant flower not "flour" lol.

That sounds about right for our ground but as you already know, most of the finds are in that range anyway. The vast majority of my good finds are in the first 6 inches and I did dig a few in the 8 to 12 inch range last weekend but they were wheats, a button and junk. There are some nice finds deep but they are a small percent of all finds.

You did good Andrew and one of these days you will have silver under the coil..........:thumbup: Was there anything on the other side of the token?

Thanks. Pretty much everything I've posted for the last month or so has come from the same yard here in town. Seems like I get at least 3 wheats per trip there. I received permission to hunt an old 1800s house in town and didn't even come up with any clad. I think it had been hit before. When I was younger I remember seeing the same guy all over town metal detecting. Maybe it was Steve?!? haha

I'm not familiar with the ace 250 but it looks like you're doing pretty good for just one yard. Like Larry said, most of your finds will be in the top six inches of soil. Listen for the barely audible whisper signals from your detector and you might find some deeper coins. Daryl

I have a few targets for you to check out. All are in the foil range. You are missing some good items. Next time out I will bring them.

Way to go, Andrew. Real nice digs. I'm partial to tokens. Too bad it was generic, but, still nice in my book.
HH,
Capt Ron

Remember where you have been. Each time you upgrade detectors those sites you have been to somehow produce another goody. Also try searching from another angle and slower speed of swing. Good Luck...