Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6,7, and 8th Silver 1st Walking Liberty + 1st Gold ring

spywiz

I went out to the old school again yesterday afternoon. I only had a couple of hours. We have had a bit of rain over the past few days, so I decided to go back over some previously covered ground. I loaded the stock coin program with fast recovery as there is quite a bit of old trash in this school yard. I found my first two Mercs here on the second or third day after I got the E-Trac and yesterday it did not disappoint me. I first found a 1952 Silver Rosey. About two feet away I got a mixed signal that sounded like trash at first, but I could tell that a dime was getting masked a bit. I slowed my sweep down and the sound of the dime came through. I dug about 10 inches and found a 1936 Silver Rosey. I checked the hole with my Pro Pointer and found an old rusted pull tab. I removed that and checked the hole again. To my great surprise in the dirt below was my 1st Walking Liberty Half Dollar. And to beat all I found it on December 7th. The date of the coin is 1941. Wow!! I was elated. This is my 1st walking liberty and my 8th silver for the year that started less than two months ago. I have only had my E-Trac since about the 12th of October. I gathered myself and continued for a couple of more minutes. I got another pull tab signal about 2 feet from the two coin hole. I dug about 10 inches and found a gold ring with the setting missing. As I wiped the dirt from the ring, the band broke in two. I got a picture before it broke. It is marked 14k. This is my 1st gold ring. I also found a 1936 wheatie before I went back to the truck. I have had the E-Trac for less than 2 months and have found 3 Mercs, 2 Silver Roosevelts, 1 Walking Liberty Half, a Silver Arrowhead pendant, A Silver ring with stone, A Gold ring, and a musket ball, as well as about a half mason jar full of clad. Oh....lots of useless trash too!!! You ask if the E-Trac makes a difference? In 2 months, you tell me!! I love this thing!!

wesome job,the e trac is a great machine.

Wow! That was a fun hunt! Thanks for the pictures and congratulations on the silver and gold!

NebTrac

More people are finding more coins and rings with a new E-Trac right out of the box. Must be a good machine! lol :thumbup:

Congrats on the ring and silvers!!

Awesome. I have not found any half dollars in a couple years. I am due for one......Nice finds.

Congrats on your good start with the E-Trac, love those Walker's with the beautiful Lady Liberty on the front and the "Angry" Eagle on the back!

That was an awesome hunt, congrats on your first Walker she is beautiful..

spywiz said:
I went out to the old school again yesterday afternoon. I only had a couple of hours. We have had a bit of rain over the past few days, so I decided to go back over some previously covered ground. I loaded the stock coin program with fast recovery as there is quite a bit of old trash in this school yard. I found my first two Mercs here on the second or third day after I got the E-Trac and yesterday it did not disappoint me. I first found a 1952 Silver Rosey. About two feet away I got a mixed signal that sounded like trash at first, but I could tell that a dime was getting masked a bit. I slowed my sweep down and the sound of the dime came through. I dug about 10 inches and found a 1946 Silver Rosey. I checked the hole with my Pro Pointer and found an old rusted pull tab. I removed that and checked the hole again. To my great surprise in the dirt below was my 1st Walking Liberty Half Dollar. And to beat all I found it on December 7th. The date of the coin is 1941. Wow!! I was elated. This is my 1st walking liberty and my 8th silver for the year that started less than two months ago. I have only had my E-Trac since about the 12th of October. I gathered myself and continued for a couple of more minutes. I got another pull tab signal about 2 feet from the two coin hole. I dug about 10 inches and found a gold ring with the setting missing. As I wiped the dirt from the ring, the band broke in two. I got a picture before it broke. It is marked 14k. This is my 1st gold ring. I also found a 1936 wheatie before I went back to the truck. I have had the E-Trac for less than 2 months and have found 3 Mercs, 2 Silver Roosevelts, 1 Walking Liberty Half, a Silver Arrowhead pendant, A Silver ring with stone, A Gold ring, and a musket ball, as well as about a half mason jar full of clad. Oh....lots of useless trash too!!! You ask if the E-Trac makes a difference? In 2 months, you tell me!! I love this thing!!

Sorry for the typo. The Rosey that I listed in the above post was a 1946 and Not a 1936. That was my mistake and was a typo.

HH
Bobby

It is cling tape. The kind they wrap around your arm when they take your blood. It does not have sticky on it. It sticks to its self. I put it on there to keep the stock padding clean and it also keeps dirt out from under the housing cover. You can find it in the hunting section of most big department stores or at an outdoors/hunting store. I also recently put a Zagg no glare screen cover on the E-Trac. Instead of getting one that was made for the ET screen, I bought one for an ipad an cut it to size. That leaves me with at least 4 more cut outs for other detectors, phones, or friends.

Bobby

I sure did. It was about dark by the time I left. I did not have a sifter with me, so I was doing it by hand. I will take a sifter with me on my next trip and sift the hole. Its nice to see that us treasure hunters think alike. Thanks for the reply.

HH
Bobby