Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

60 and 11 VDI

Ron----Interesting you would ask this question about 11 TID on the Legend.-----My wife & I were just talking about this.-----She found a small 14k ring that locked dead on at 11--no matter which way you swung over it.---That's in Park mode--- good, solid hit with lock on number.-----Field mode would hit it but the tones were "splattered" and the numbers "bouncy".-----------Del

Tmops, interesting addition. I wonder what one of those large collegiate style mens rings would do.
So far my better hit 11s are nothing but foil and at 4-5” deep. It must have been a fad to take what I think is stick type chewing gum inner wrappers and fold the into a square about the size of a nickel. The other 11s were non carrot detectable on medium setting but the entire hole sounded off on high. I believe its something larger and deeper.
So far no jewelry recovered, yet.

And for argument’s sake the lowest number?
I've had gold chains reading as low as 7, so that's where I set my tone break at the beaches and hunted out tot lots.
The other 11s were non carrot detectable
Carrot, MI4/6, Fisher, Whites, Pulsedive… I've lost count how many times the Legend would pick (and ID!) a really small gold piece (like a tiny chain bracelet or back of an earring) that is imperceptible to any pinpointer on the market.

Pulltaboo you just posted right before i hit post.
Thats what ive been hearing as well that it picks up the smallest pieces, which is nice to get those small link chains.
But here is an interesting thing that so far you have hit gold jewelry from 7-45 on a scale of 1-60.
If anyone hit lower than 7 wonder how much jewelry was left behind if everything wasn’t dug up.
How many people would actually dig every 7

The Legend also seems to use 11 for weak target responses it cannot ID other than Ferrous/Non Ferrous. Still making field observations on this.

This thread came to mind this morning in a typically trashy park from the late 60s . Originally had the large brass sprinlkler heads for the watering system that blow your ears out with 55 to 58 VDIs. I was unaware of that at first and the first signal I had was a solid 59 about 4 inches down , turned out to be a stack of 7 clad quarters. After I hunted the park a bit and began finding sprinkler heads I realized why that stack of quarters had laid there undetected for so long , it was probably an overload on most machines. I have yet to get an overload on the Legend , is it capable?

The Users Manual states Black sand can cause an overload & it will display a warning icon. I have yet to have mine overload on anything field hunting that caused any problem, including big near surface iron.

Just an FYI , this was a solid 60 today
P8300006 (Medium).JPG

That is similar to what I have been carrying for 40+ years. A pocket tool box.