Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

600 - Build so far

Kapok

I figure I've put maybe 40 hours on my 600. The screen protector came off the very first day, and now the rubber in the arm cuff has come completely off. These are minor issues but still an annoyance. I suppose I could shell out the $12 for the screen protector pack but I just covered the panel with one of those peel and stick cellphone protectors. I've done it with other detectors and it seems fine. Any suggestions for the rubber in the arm cuff?

Kapok said:
I figure I've put maybe 40 hours on my 600. The screen protector came off the very first day, and now the rubber in the arm cuff has come completely off. These are minor issues but still an annoyance. I suppose I could shell out the $12 for the screen protector pack but I just covered the panel with one of those peel and stick cellphone protectors. I've done it with other detectors and it seems fine. Any suggestions for the rubber in the arm cuff?

A number of people has replaced the rubber arm pad. Seems a hit-or-miss problem. Some have hundreds of hours with no problems, others are coming off in the first couple days.

As for the screen covers, I was really happy to hear ML had begun including these as it only makes sense to protect your detector. Unfortunately, mine was basically "no-stick". and would have been blown off by a hard wind. I put a tablet cover on mine (as I have for all my E-tracs and CTX) and its doing great.

Mine came with a pack of multiple screen covers, with the botton layout portion in different languages. I figured I would memorize the buttons and just cut off the bottom part with the languages I don't know, or leave them as I won't really be "reading" them. This should be enough screen covers to last a while.

I could see where for water hunting, they probably won't last all that long.

CS

sgoss66 said:
Kapok --

Call Minelab about the arm cuff thing, and they'll get you fixed up. They took care of mine...didn't have to mail it in, either...

Steve
Okay, will do!

coin-star said:
Mine came with a pack of multiple screen covers, with the botton layout portion in different languages. I figured I would memorize the buttons and just cut off the bottom part with the languages I don't know, or leave them as I won't really be "reading" them. This should be enough screen covers to last a while.

I could see where for water hunting, they probably won't last all that long.

CS
Yes, I also have the other language packs. I suppose I could try them but figured they'd last about as long as the English one did -- about 1 hour :)

cut off the English bottom portion and put it on, then apply a tablet cover over the top.

Kapok said:
The screen protector came off the very first day

Put them on with soap and water just like a cell phone cover

adamBomb said:
The screen protector came off the very first day

Put them on with soap and water just like a cell phone cover
It came off and fell in the dirt and was ruined. I still have all the other languages, unfortunately I don't speak any of them. :) I can get along without them anyway. The cellphone protector I put on the screen works fine.

My machine stays in the water.... my cover is still there as is my cuff pad..... oh and my ML shaft has no wabble either. Been a happy camper so far. Hard to believe. ... because if it can break Im usually the guy it happens to since mine is in salt water.

My screen protector is in salt water and no problems yet. I did a mod with CF and used a aluminum cuff from Canada, no problems there. Did a mod for waterproof connector in the control box for phones and routed the cable inside the shaft to the rear. Mounted Amphenol M12 8 pin connector ( like the CTX ) in a Heyco end cap so I can use my skullies, Gray Ghost and other phones in chest deep water. I would post a picture but my iPad won't let me here. I have though in other groups. Well, good luck to all and stay safe this weekend.

Has anyone tried the protective glass shields made for cell phones yet?
Expensive but might be something good.

My screen protector has stayed on in and out of the water. Cut the English off that screen protector so it wouldn't loose it and applied it separately to retain it . Still on the first screen protector. No wobble in shaft and I use a "cuffer" on the armrest, no rubber pad issues. Neoprene cuffers are on all my detectors that it fits.

Ytcoinshooter said:
My screen protector has stayed on in and out of the water. Cut the English off that screen protector so it wouldn't loose it and applied it separately to retain it . Still on the first screen protector. No wobble in shaft and I use a "cuffer" on the armrest, no rubber pad issues. Neoprene cuffers are on all my detectors that it fits.

Great idea Yt !

Ytcoinshooter said:
What is a cuffer?