Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

7th Corp Arkansas badge cut out of a Prussian coin.

Deno

I thought you guys might like this, my buddy Weaver found this a few weeks ago. We were hunting in

an area with a lot of civil war action south of Louisville. We didn't have a clue what it was at the time.

Someone on another forum id'ed it for us. It's the same size as a half dollar.

This is why I love this hobby, just think, a German immigrant fighting for the Union carved this and

then lost it, I wish it could talk.

Now that is a great find and by the elongated hole at the top, it looks like it was worn for a long time before it was lost.

WOW ------ that is a spectacular find. :clapping: Big Big Congrats. If it could only talk it would have one heck of a story to tell. cch

Nice find . I live about an hour south of louisville.

I am only 5 minutes from buffalo and about 20 minutes from greensburg. I relic hunt close to where I live. Maybe we can get together and go when the grass gets shorter trhis fall.

Oh, but it does talk, sir, oh, but it does! Beautiful coin and story, and yes, there were many courageous German immigrants who not only braved the Atlantic's perils to find freedom in America, but who overcame prejudice north and south alike as well as the blood and bullets on the battlefields. Good work in finding this. The German-American Civil War story needs to be told. Cheers.

yankeewriter85 said:
Oh, but it does talk, sir, oh, but it does! Beautiful coin and story, and yes, there were many courageous German immigrants who not only braved the Atlantic's perils to find freedom in America, but who overcame prejudice north and south alike as well as the blood and bullets on the battlefields. Good work in finding this. The German-American Civil War story needs to be told. Cheers.

Thanks for the eloquent response yankee, thank you all.

I love this hobby.