Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

800 coin finds

tometusns

Pk1, recovery 5, iron bias 3

Super awesome stuff man I'm jealous.

Super awesome stuff man I'm jealous.

Thanks guys, it's nice being retired and getting to do something you enjoy.

Big haul Tometusns!! Looks like you have meshed well with the Eq, 600 or 800? Whats you choice on headphones?
Laplander

laplander said:
Big haul Tometusns!! Looks like you have meshed well with the Eq, 600 or 800? Whats you choice on headphones?
Laplander
Laplander, 800 with stock headphones. It works for me. All the stuff came from parks or yards. I got mine Feb. 9th and started hunting with the Equinox Feb. 13. I've learned a lot about it, have a lot more to learn. But have enjoyed it very much. I couldn't begin to guess at how many hours I have on it. Let's just say I have not missed very many days since I got started with it and have just as much fun, maybe more than when I first got it. Tom

Nice finds are those settings pretty much what you hunt with?

sgoss66 said:
Man, that is some GREAT hunting!! SUPER finds, Tom! Looks like you and the 800 are getting along quite well, indeed!!!!

Steve[/quote
Thanks Steve, I'm having a good time hunting with noxy.

Mkus said:
Nice finds are those settings pretty much what you hunt with?[/quote
Mkus, that's where I normally start. If a yard is to over whelming with trash I go to my "stealth mode" set up on my user profile. It's pretty much the same way I hunted the f19 in trashy places. Detector prospector uses it and has the settings posted on his forum. When I saw it on his forum I just grinned. I'm no expert for sure but when I saw Steve H. post it I knew it wasn't a bad way to hunt.
I sure don't want to give any bad advice to anyone.
Stealth mode only has 13 left in then up to 17 or 22 depending on the location. Of course anything repeatable in the higher numbers you dig. The 13 number if not repeatable I just hit the horse shoe (all metal button) to see what numbers are mixed in with the 13 to decide whether or not to dig. Going to all metal on iffy sounds can sure help you decide if it's a good target or not. Maybe it's just me but I believe when I switch to all metal the target either becomes more defined as good or more evident it's not. Stealth mode is a very peaceful way to hunt. lol. Also, probably the most important thing I've learned is go SLOW. I know noxy is fast but when you're in a trashy place targets not wanting to be found need a slow deliberate multi direction search. There are six guys in our club that have the Equinox and I've seen first hand what the slow vrs. fast search results are using the same machine.
Good luck & HH!! Tom

Not only are you getting well with the NOX, you've got good sites.
Congrats!

Ytcoinshooter said:
Not only are you getting well with the NOX, you've got good sites.
Congrats!
Ytcoinshooter, I will say I've got on to some good ones but many times I've come home with one or two good finds. Not all yards have good stuff to find. But you are right I've hunted some good ones for sure.