Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

800 TID

dewcon4414

Today i noticed something that my Nox has done before. I was swinging along in beach 2 and i went over a target and got a good response. So naturally i looked at the screen since i was wet sand hunting.......... and no target digits? I went over it several time ....... nice crisp repeatable copper sound. I knew this because this beach produces a lot of WW2 brass from air plane target practice on these beaches. I couldnt get it to give me a digit....... only way was go out of beach 2....... and back again then it was OK. Not the first time its kind of locked up. Dang gremlins....... im hoping for a program upgrade here ML. This REBOOTING is getting old dont ya think?

Yes, I have seen this a few times, but I dont think this is anything that requires a reset. Whenever it happens I have just pulled it to the side, put in pinpoint and back to detect and everything has been fine.

I suppose that if it was happening to me all the time I would worry, but for me so far it has only been an occasional thing.

Me to Jason......... like i said gremlins that needs fixed. Just wierd when it happens...... you wonder how long it hadnt been responding since i dont look at the screen a lot. Targets are still responding.......BUT when it happens what affect could it have on the tones response as well. Kind of like that overload icon most of us miss coming on significantly reducing sensitivity.

I also have had that happen but as I hunt on tones I usually didnt notice it until I heard a good tone. But, Like Jason said, I also think it has something to do with just coming out of pinpoint! i put it back in pinpoint and out and all was normal. Sort of like doing a 'noise cancel' and forgetting to go back to detect mode. The tones are there and all works well, just no numbers.

I never use PP...... the coil had only been in the water briefly.... i was working a step wet sand slope in beach 2.

That just happened to me last week, but thought it was because I was detecting at another beach that I never hit before and something was causing the abnormal behavior. Never had it happen at Santa Monica beach before:shrug:

That just happened to me last week but thought it was because I was detecting a different beach where I had never used the NOX and something in the sand or area was causing the abnormal behavior. It never has happened to me at Santa Monica Beach before