Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

8x6 SEF coil - any good?

glabelle

I recently got an e-trac. I feel that the 11" pro coil may be a little large for the average trash infested park. Was thinking of getting the 8x6 SEF or maybe even the Minealb 8" coil. Can anyone report on a performance comparison of these?

Thanks,
George
Aloha, Oregon

I've had my etrac for 2 weeks and have the 8inch minelab..All i got to say is im very impressed with the pro coil if you go slow and i mean slow you can pick things apart easy.I got my 8 inch last week and gave it a run and snagged and silver dime and a few wheats,but as soon as i finished up the area i just used it on i put on the pro coil went back over it and snagged 2 wheats and a silver washington.If you don't like many things going on in your ear the 8 inch is a great coil dime was just about 61/2-7 inch deep,and way less going on for sure.I like hearing lots of things so didn't bother me to much with the pro coil on.

When I traded in my Safari for an E-trac, I included the Minelab 8" coil. It was very heavy and the attachmernt point not midway, so it flopped over, wouldn't stay in 1 position. Will try the Stealth X-5 on my E-trac.

The 8x6 sef is a superb coil for extreme trash areas and is my go to coil from a stock size coil.It gives good depth for size and a bit more coverage than the Sunray X5 .For the ultimate trash coil you can not beat the X5 but you can not get as much coverage and slightly less depth.I have no plans to get rid of either of these fine coils and either should do very well for you if you take the time to use them in a slow methodical way,Ray.
PS The OEM 8" is a good coil as well but the smaller coils mentioned will do better in heavy trash and at a lighter weight.

I currently have a 8x6 S.E.F, and it works great! Believe it or not...you can still cover alot of ground with this small coil. It has real nice depth also. I recently dug an 1902 Indian Head penny at 7"-8" with it in a stone church parking lot. I find the target seperation is outstanding in heavy trash areas too. You wont be disappointed with this coil if you decide to purchase it.

YES! Great coil! I have only gone on 6 separate hunts with my recently purchased Etrac, in a yard that is part of a construction site. The first hunt I used the stock coil and granted, it was my first actual field experience with the Etrac...I found very little. The next time I used the 6x8 and found a Barber quarter and some other stuff...I found several good old coins as the number of hunts progressed. I thought I'd try the Procoil again recently...once again found hardly anything. I probably need more experience with the Procoil BUT I can say the 6X8 separates well and has decent depth...anyway, not every coin is 9"+ deep. It's worth having, get it! They can be found in good used condition on a big auction site we all know of. I payed $125 for mine.

glabelle said:
I recently got an e-trac. I feel that the 11" pro coil may be a little large for the average trash infested park. Was thinking of getting the 8x6 SEF or maybe even the Minealb 8" coil. Can anyone report on a performance comparison of these?

Thanks,
George
Aloha, Oregon

Yes, I have seen no difference. I have heard this question before. Don't know why they would be different just because the coil is smaller.
LittleJohn said:
Are the VDI's pretty close to what they should be with the 8x6 as compared to the stock coil?