Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

9” coil went belly up today

Listener

Went out to detect some of my older haunts today and everywhere EMI as soon as I turned on the system. Tried reducing Sens, and freq, and going to mono. Had to leave the areas as nothing was working. Finally decided to move to a third area -same. So shut it down and restarted and seemed good to go. Got a mixed signal and it was a coin spill. Recovered 4 qtrs, 4 dimes , & 2 cents. Not bad so commenced to sweeping got another good hit in 90’s then dead. Took one of the quarters and threw it down, nothing. Turned off and on again and coil flashed and turned on but nothing of a signal. Went home tried several times and nothing. Very strange. Reckon it’s going back for warranty replacement on Monday. I have noticed off and on lately when I turn it on I get a lot of emi in areas I frequently don’t see that. I make a few adjustments and after a while no more emi. Maybe it was on the way out when that was happening. Don’t know.🤔🤬

If you don’t have one of the other coils you could try reloading software, though it does sound like it’s on the coil end. Does your controller show the coil battery life? What does it say? Quite honestly that’s the first D2 coil I’ve heard of going bad, if that’s what happened.

If you don’t have one of the other coils you could try reloading software, though it does sound like it’s on the coil end. Does your controller show the coil battery life? What does it say? Quite honestly that’s the first D2 coil I’ve heard of going bad, if that’s what happened.
It was fully charged same as the WS6 and WSAII. I just remembered I was out doing curb strips yesterday after going out for only a couple of hours when my coil quit on me. It was fully charged when I went out then. Thought wow dead after only two hours hunting!
So charged up the D1 and went curb strip hunting for about 1 1/2 hrs. Found 1dollar coin,8 qtrs, 9 dimes, 10 Pennie’s, 2 tokens , 1 ear clip, 1steel ring. I miss the bottle cap reject. All the caps went to the curb for the street sweeper.😊

Attachments

• D9B23948-66A5-4D1A-93F9-57EB7D7569F9.jpeg
    D9B23948-66A5-4D1A-93F9-57EB7D7569F9.jpeg
    964.7 KB · Views: 38
I don’t have another coil but pretty sure this one is toast. I searched and also believe this might be the first that I know of croaking.

Send it back to xp in France they would prolly like to know why and replace it
Doesnt have to go that far. Mo is still employed in Mass. and will take care of you promptly. BEST repair service Ive ever worked with.

HH
Donna(NJ)

Yeah first I have ever heard of a coil dying I have my D2 and manticore always good to have one backup!
Mark

Just got notified by Moe the coil is being replaced and the old coil has been sent to France. They couldn’t figure out what was wrong with it at detector services. New coil should arrive this Thursday.

Went out to detect some of my older haunts today and everywhere EMI as soon as I turned on the system. Tried reducing Sens, and freq, and going to mono. Had to leave the areas as nothing was working. Finally decided to move to a third area -same. So shut it down and restarted and seemed good to go. Got a mixed signal and it was a coin spill. Recovered 4 qtrs, 4 dimes , & 2 cents. Not bad so commenced to sweeping got another good hit in 90’s then dead. Took one of the quarters and threw it down, nothing. Turned off and on again and coil flashed and turned on but nothing of a signal. Went home tried several times and nothing. Very strange. Reckon it’s going back for warranty replacement on Monday. I have noticed off and on lately when I turn it on I get a lot of emi in areas I frequently don’t see that. I make a few adjustments and after a while no more emi. Maybe it was on the way out when that was happening. Don’t know.🤔🤬
Had similar promblem twice with mine 9 inch coil ws6master, went dead locked up machine and wsa2xl headphone for short time.did it twice ,changed charging clamp to see if that helped .Will have to see because it just does it out no where but noticed it seem to happen when I do aEMI scan might have send in.

I just bought the 11” coil to have a backup coil. Also been using the ole D1 and doing quite well with it . Found fifty three bucks in clad in the last week and two days. I hit a field Saturday I was sure would have been gone over by now and found 22 quarters and 23 dimes. Hot program on D1 won’t miss much.

I just bought the 11” coil to have a backup coil. Also been using the ole D1 and doing quite well with it . Found fifty three bucks in clad in the last week and two days. I hit a field Saturday I was sure would have been gone over by now and found 22 quarters and 23 dimes. Hot program on D1 won’t miss much.
Wow, that must be a record in cash coins! Unless of course you’re in Canada finding two and three dollar coins? Congratulations!
Tony