Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A couple concerns about the 3030.

ZOFCHAK

Well, I have looked at a lot of the videos for the CTX3030 and have decided that it may be something worth considering. I recently sold my Etrac, but I think I'm going to wait a few months and see if the 3030 lives up to the hype, but I also have some concerns. .

I'm very concerned about the durability of the seals on the detector. From what I have seen online the battery and control housing require quite a bit of attention to detail in maintaining that waterproof seal. This machine is not like an Excal with only one small seal requiring maintenance (The battery seal). The CTX appears to have a long rubber seal that requires cleaning and inspection every time it is opened. There are other brands that use a somewhat similar setup like the Tesoro Tiger Shark, but that area on the Tesoro is massive and made from heavy rigid plastic and metal. The CTX appears to be far less rigid and made of much lighter materials.

Does anyone else notice any other potential issues on the detector? I'm sure Minelab did a lot of research and made changes during the development, but as with any detector the only test that matters is when regular users get them out into the field.

not a big fan of FBS on the beach so no bother to me have a pulse machine for the beach, think the seal is in a grove so should be fine only thing is if its drizzling rain no need to worry which i like.

BP

Three Year Transferrable Warranty!

HH Randy

I have dug some deep coins and rings on the beach with my E-Trac. No falsing no chatter and complete smooth operation, try that with a single frequency machine with any depth. It will not happen! I truely believe my E-Trac beats my Excalibur, just not water proof.
Now someone may offer the B-Tool and it looks like it may be a deep seeker but falsing when it touches wet sand or the water would be extremely annoying. Not to mention on wet sand if you don't get the target out of the hole rather quickly it fills with water and caves in and the target goes deeper, no putting that coil in a water filled hole for a signal.

BCOOP

To address your concerns regarding the waterproof seals. This is not a new design. This is the design and specs required by the military for the Mine Sweeper that Minelab makes. This is a time tested and proven waterproofing system based on the exacting specifications of the U.S. Military. Point being, the consumer is not being given an untested new detector so they can act as guinea pigs. The waterproof technology is sound.

RD

Thanks for the Post, that should lay that concern to rest.

BCOOP

bcoop said:
I have dug some deep coins and rings on the beach with my E-Trac. No falsing no chatter and complete smooth operation, try that with a single frequency machine with any depth. It will not happen! I truely believe my E-Trac beats my Excalibur, just not water proof.
Now someone may offer the B-Tool and it looks like it may be a deep seeker but falsing when it touches wet sand or the water would be extremely annoying. Not to mention on wet sand if you don't get the target out of the hole rather quickly it fills with water and caves in and the target goes deeper, no putting that coil in a water filled hole for a signal.

BCOOP

I have a single freq machine that works better than most on beaches with no iron minerals it is deeper than any thing I have used including most PI detectors. I had a Etrac too used it a lot when I had it good detector works fine on the beach.

Jason

There are a few exceptions to using a single frequency on salt water beaches. FBS is excellent on the beach and deep, I have never had a problem with it.

BCOOP

Has he still got it was a good one. I am thinking hard on this CTX thing I may get one think it would be a good beach detector. Just waiting until the real world reports come out. I am a sucker for new detectors but with the investment on one of these I am waiting to jump in the water on it. Need to find a few more gold rings to cash in first.

Jason

Yep, he still has it. He found a woman's ring appraised at 1,800 last year on our annual beach vacation, of course he didn't profit from it the wife is wearing it.

But I can't laugh, the same would happen to me if I would have found it.

BCOOP

bcoop said:
Yep, he still has it. He found a woman's ring appraised at 1,800 last year on our annual beach vacation, of course he didn't profit from it the wife is wearing it.

But I can't laugh, the same would happen to me if I would have found it.

BCOOP

That is awesome. My wife has only taken a very few I have found most are sold to buy more toys. Got a real nice confederate button I need to sale or trade for a CTX. I am sure I will have to give one a try at some point.

Jason

Even if you do not go in the water at the beach, just having the ability to hose off the sand is awesome.

I paid for mine already just a waiting game now. I'm going to get the 13x17 coil and the waterproof phones as well

BCOOP