Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A couple of nice Barbers

Mark in S.E. IA

Sunday I went to a park that I have not been to for about 4 years. I get there an turn on the Mder an make 2 swing an get a nice high tone. I check the depth meter an it says 6" deep so I dig it... It turns out to be a really nice 1910s Barber Dime. After that I went a good 2 hours before I find anything good
and it was a couple of wheat's. One of them is plated with nickel or lead. It come in at 12-32 in the ground and I air tested it and it comes in at 12-30. What ever it's coated with it's bring the value of it down. Then I went a good 2 hours with out finding anything good. By then I was getting pretty tired and
ready to go home when I get a so, so high tone. Not the best but good enough to check out. I have to dig down about 6" before I found a steel wire kind a bent in to a U. I'm thinking that those tones were better then that so I stick the PP back in the hole and I get a beep on the other side of the hole.
I loosen up some of the dirt an grab a hand full. I open my hand an there was the reeded edge of a quarter. That was a nice surprise to find a Barber quarter. Shortly after that I went home, I was too tired to keep going and there's always another day....

I hope everybody had a nice Labor day weekend.

Thanks for lookin an HH

Those are a couple really nice barbers Mark!
you had a lot of nice stuff in your last post also.
Better stick with the 4 tone for a while it seems to be working good for you. :clapping:

Hey Mark,

Those are a couple of great coins well done!

D.V.

Well Done. Love the Barbers.

Rich -

Outstanding !:beers: