Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A first in 25yrs...

Aaron

I finally got a shooter coil to specifically hunt for jewelry in heavy trash and after diggin some clad and alot of foil and tabs for a couple hours I had a signal that was not really strong but deep..about 7". Thought for sure it was another tab, I was wrong and it ended up being the U.S. smallest silver coin, a1853 Trime. When I first saw it in the dirt I thought it was a beaver tail half in the dirt. I gasped when I saw the date.
Keep diggin those pulltabs boys!

did not know they existed,,,, good for you bud !!!!!!!

Super find. The Trime has an interesting story.

For those who are unfamiliar with a Trime, it is a VERY small and VERY thin coin. I thought I would include some photos.

The gold coin is a US $1 (1853), it is even more smaller in diameter than the Trime, although it is ALOT thicker and reeded, the Trime is not (the sandwiched middle coin). Now you can have a better appreciation as to why this is not a very common coin to find.
And incase your wondering, no... I didnt find the $1 piece ( I wish! ). I got it from NASA Tom, its glued to the stick and used for test purposes.

Aaron

Congratulations Aaron, those are on the "want to find" list for many. :clapping:

Back last spring, me and my friends had a combined trifecta of Trimes (as they were called). Mine was the nicest of the day, the 1851 with a double punched date:

P3200007a.JPG

1851%20Trime.jpg

They are out there!

Trimes are tough to find for sure. This year luck is with me. In April I found one in the woods and in May found one in a cornfield. Neither one was past 6" deep. Both are 1853, beautiful condition. Prior to that I found one about 30 years ago in an old cemetary. I'm still looking for my first bust silver coin, gotta be some in my neck of the woods.

Something to drool over. Outstanding find. On my list for sure and a 2 center, also.

Capt Ron