Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A First & Oldest for me

Hopskippy

I finally got to get out yesterday for a short hunt. The ground was still frozen in spots down deep.
I found some clad, but my best find was a well worn 1854 Seated Quarter. My first seated as well as my oldest find, ever!
This seated was 8-9 inches deep. Only 1 wheatie in the bunch. But, I'm very pleased. I worked the entire hunt with an open screen and TTF.
I gotta say, I like that set up! The longer I ran it, the more I liked it.

Good quick hunt for you........congratulations on the seated quarter. I also run TTF and mostly to full open screen and like that mode of operation.
Again........good job on the old silver:clapping:

Congrats on scoring a seated quarter!!!

Thanks guys! I sure do LOVE MY ETRAC!

thats outstanding, ive never found a seated quarter. :clapping:

Beautiful find! Thanks for the pictures and congratulations on your first seated

Thanks guys! She cleaned up pretty Good, you can see the O mint on her now. Sadly I got against her with the digger.

Hopskippy said:
Sadly I got against her with the digger.

I'm bettin' she was on edge and to the side of your pinpoint and the plug. I usually get mine with the digger when they're on edge, they're often 2-3 inches from where I pinpoint 'em. Awesome find all around!

NebTrac

NebTrac said:
Hopskippy said:
Sadly I got against her with the digger.

I'm bettin' she was on edge and to the side of your pinpoint and the plug. I usually get mine with the digger when they're on edge, they're often 2-3 inches from where I pinpoint 'em. Awesome find all around!

NebTrac

Yes, it was at the edge of the plug, bout 3" off.

A big congrats on finding the Seated Quarter and your oldest coin ! :beers:

And yes, 2TF is a great program.

Good Hunting !

1854...WOW! NICE! :clapping: I am curious, how you digging frozen ground? I want go hunt old coins as soon as I can when most snow gone!

ChicagoJohn said:
1854...WOW! NICE! :clapping: I am curious, how you digging frozen ground? I want go hunt old coins as soon as I can when most snow gone!

Thank You!

Actually, the ground is still frozen down at about 5" in some spots. I found her hiding in a thick grassed area. One more freeze coming starting tuesday night. Hopefully, that will be the last hard one?

Thanks E-Trac-Ohio!

Neb, of course she was on edge, that's why she was sitting down, after all she was 160 yrs. old. What a great find to start the season with.

Jeff63 said:
Neb, of course she was on edge, that's why she was sitting down, after all she was 160 yrs. old. What a great find to start the season with.

She was "ON EDGE" because she was a lady......

[attachment 284925 DidIdothat.jpg]

OOPS.....DID I SAY THAT????

NebTrac