Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A first X2

tnvarmint

After work I decided to head down to a local park with my oldest son to do a little detecting. He has yet to get a silver and I haven't dug one while hunting with him until tonight. The first park we went to I have never had any luck at but we managed to get a little clad. Signals were very strange and I was getting a lot of "ghost" signals. I would get an iffy signal and then once I dug nothing would be there. The gnats were driving me crazy also so I figured we would go to another park that is next to one of the older fire stations in town. I had dug a silver rosie in the fire station yard the last time there and didnt get a chance to cover much of the ground due to it getting dark so we figured we would give it a shot. I decided to hit the sidewalk strip first and about 10 foot into the strip I get a bouncy signal that I thought was a dime or quarter. It did bounce a couple times from a 12-45/47 to a 06-45/47 but mainly was reading in the 12-45/47 range. It wasn't but about 3 or 4 inches so I really thought just a clad quarter at best. I about passed out when I rolled a 1936D WLH out of the plug. I litterly fell from a squat right onto my rump. My son thought I had lost it.

After finally recovering I filled in the plug and started forward again. Not 10 foot further I get a signal that was nice and strong but bouncing from a 12-45/47 down to a 12-43. I have had copper pennies do this to me before and even told my son that this was a penny or dime at best. This one was about 4 or 5 inches and after pulling the plug in the side of it I could see the silver edge and new right off by the size it was another half. I just about totally flipped out and my son had to get it out of the plug for me. Right off I spotted the Barber head so I rubbed a little dirt off to read the date. I couldn't believe it was a 1910 Barber Half (Now my oldest coin to date).

We finished out the day with just shy of a $1.50 in clad, the 2 halves and my son also got an older button (no design on it) that was between the two halves. I still probably haven't covered but maybe 1/4 of the area around the fire station but plan on getting back there soon. Looks like maybe I have finally found a place that hasn't been totally hunted to death. I am still so excited I doubt I will sleep much tonight lol. I am just glad my son was there with me for those two coins. We both were pretty excited.

Super!!!! Mike. A HUGE Congratulations to you. Oh Man!!! A TWOFER!!! Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

What a great experience....Next time out be sure to bring some toilet tissue...GREAT JOB.

A BIG congrats on the Barber and Walker halves...........you won't see that happen very often.........WTG!!! :hot:

Hawkeye Jim.

Very nice coins Mike - what a great day ! :clapping:

wow....two silver halfs in one trip.....you'll remember that one forever.

What a great outing. Congrats on your hunt.

Rich

Great coins, congratulations! The 1910 from the Philadelphia mint is one of the better dates in the Barber series.
Hard to beat finding two silver halves, especially with your son along to share the fun.

Mark

SSWWWEEEEEEEEEEET !!! Congrats on finds, definitely one for the books..:clapping:,

Moose

WOOOHOOO!!! Awesome finds buddy a B I G congrats!! and to be with your son.... priceless