Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A funny thing about the headphone problem...

JoeinMemphis

My Koss UR-30's that came with my MINELAB Explorer SE Pro will NOT turn off the speaker in the new MINELAB CTX 3030, but the ultralight GARRETT's will... Go figure.
Sorry, I just thought that was a bit humorous...
HH Joe

Yea I still have not been able to use an outside set of headphones with the machine. I can use them on the wireless but not directly to the machine. I have see others plug the same phones in there machine and they work by shutting down the detectors speaker. I have see them not. Mine shut everything off. I have used the Mono plug and nothing. Maybe one those Malaysians are color blind and are just soldering any wire any where's? It's truly possible,I knew a guy working for AT&T thas was color blind and used sun glasses to see the colors for 30 years. He was a splicer too! LOL!

Yea, I think that guy has been working on my Internet connection!!

I got a pair of Tek h.p.'s thats has a 1/8" plug with 1/4" adapter.---They work just fine & cut the speaker in fine shape.--They have a two band on the 1'4" plug to---is that wierd or what??------Didn't think that type plug was supposed to cut the speaker.

The two band plug is a mono plug and that is what you want, that or a three band plug that is shorted inside for mono.

A little confusing as the internal wiring (of course) is different.----The plug on the Sunray Pro Golds looks identical to the plug on the Tek h.p.'s.-------The Grey Ghost DMC's work on the CTX---will they also work on the Etrac & other detectors?
Larry (IL) said:
The two band plug is a mono plug and that is what you want, that or a three band plug that is shorted inside for mono.

They should work fine Del. Most metal detectors are mono and wired to accept stereo headphones. (internal bridge stereo to mono) To complicate things, most detecting headphones with a stereo plug are wired for mono and that is the problem with the CTX, it is wired for stereo but I don't think it has stereo capabilities, really no need for stereo. The only two detectors I know of that have stereo capabilities are the Nautilus and the V3i.

Larry------Not to put words in Ralphs mouth (Sunray) but the way I understood what he said.---The CTX is apparently wired for "true stereo" and I guess that was what caused the problem (if you want to call it that) in the h.p. connection & the CTX speaker not cutting off.-----If I'm wrong on this, I'm sure I'll here about it soon enough. :)-----I don't know what the definition of "true stereo" is but would just like to get a set of h.p.'s that works both on the CTX and Etrac WITH the 90 degree jack (no adapter).----Thanks for your response Larry.----------Del
Larry (IL) said:
They should work fine Del. Most metal detectors are mono and wired to accept stereo headphones. (internal bridge stereo to mono) To complicate things, most detecting headphones with a stereo plug are wired for mono and that is the problem with the CTX, it is wired for stereo but I don't think it has stereo capabilities, really no need for stereo. The only two detectors I know of that have stereo capabilities are the Nautilus and the V3i.

Yep, he and I are right and that is what I said....... the CTX is wired for stereo........ there is no difference between "true" stereo and stereo.