Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A great day - a couple 1sts

AgIA

I have the week off (and a lot of grading that I'm ignoring) and decided to steal one more afternoon from winter. Went to the spot that keeps on giving as I learn my detector better and better... This would be my first Rosie (1957-D). Also got the pair of Mercs (1918-S and 1945-D) and the Barber dime (1912). This is my best day for silver and my first dime trifecta. Also brought home the six wheats and about two and a half bucks in clad. What a great hunt! HH!

Congratulations on your finds AgIA. Great pictures as well. Are you by any chance an Ag. teacher there in Iowa?

NebTrac

That's really great!! It's infectious reading these posts and inspiring!! I am glad to be in communication with people who love this as much as I do. I am still a
newbie and keep learning new things all the time. I want to be a sponge. Congrats on your finds...I bet you're still smiling!!!! :please:

Nice finds!! Just curious but that Wheat at the top center looks like a "Steel" penny. Is it a 1943? If it is you must be hunting with next to no discrimination.

Not a steel and I was using plenty of discrimination. I think the wheat looks that way due to bad lighting on the patina...

That is a great day! And congrats on the firsts. I love finding Mercury dimes, one of my favorite coins to find. Lots of cool coins from that era; Wheat pennies, Buffalo Nickels, Mercury Dimes, Standing Liberty Quarters, Walking Liberty Halves, Peace and Morgan Dollars. I know that if I am finding wheaties, any of these coins could turn up.

Way to go and thanks for sharing with us.

Rich (Utah)

Excellent finds and a big congrats on the Dime Trifecta ! :clapping: