Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Little Outing Today

Nancy-IL

Didn't get too far today but I did find a couple of keepers. I'm pretty sure this place had been hunted before. The 1907 Indian, 44 Wheat and then a 68 Cinco Centavos along with a few pieces of clad were my cash finds. The little short round lead objects sure sounded good. Does anyone know what they are? Curtain weights??? Can't forget the fork....LOL. Thanks for looking and HH, Nancy

[attachment 345052 002.JPG][attachment 345053 003.JPG]

Congratulations on the IH and other goodies honey :cheekkiss:

I came close to your 1907 with a plain 1909 Wheat with nothing else to brag about.

While neither one of you found a ton of coins, at least you both found a coin over 100 years old, so I would consider that a good hunt. Congratulations. Nancy-IL, are the lead pieces concave or flat on the ends?

Thanks Daryl. The lead pieces are flat on each end.

Is there any chance a past resident of the place you were hunting had anything to do with nautical equipment? Kenter Shackles and probably other similar devices use a lead plug somewhat like the pieces you found to hold a tapered locking pin in place.

Not that I know of but I can ask if they know or not. Those things have got me puzzled.