Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Long Wait for Repair Status :(

DaytonaGold

My ctx has been in Minelab's posession for nearl three weeks and no word yet. I'm afraid to call them as I may jinx myself. I've heard from others here that things are a bit chaotic there at the present time. I sure hope I hear something soon :(

If you have a repair # you should call. If you do not have a repair # you should call. Three weeks is a long time. This is a great forum but nobody can check on your machine. Normal diagnostics is 10 to 12 business days throw in a holiday weekend and it could take longer. Call 1-877-SOS-MLAB 1-877-767-6522. Ask for a tracking number so you can stay on top of your machine. :thumbup:

Call Gary Schafer, the General Manager of Consumer Markets of Minelab USA. Let him know what's going on.
Phone 630-401-8152.
I'm sure he'd like to know the story and if he can't take care of it personally I'm sure he will direct you to who will.

Kindest regards,

Bik

I"m pretty much over Minelab at this point. I called yesterday and a gentleman says that John tried to call me last week but yet I never received any call or email from them, guess they dialed the wrong number, lol. I called customer support # three times today and no one answers, the phone doesn't even go to voicemail, wth??? Called two other numbers and goes to voicemail, WOW...UN FREAKIN'BELIEVABLE. Still waiting for someone to call me because I don't have time to chase them around.

Not sure what to say at this point but I've lost faith in Minelab.

DaytonaGold said:
I"m pretty much over Minelab at this point. I called yesterday and a gentleman says that John tried to call me last week but yet I never received any call or email from them, guess they dialed the wrong number, lol. I called customer support # three times today and no one answers, the phone doesn't even go to voicemail, wth??? Called two other numbers and goes to voicemail, WOW...UN FREAKIN'BELIEVABLE. Still waiting for someone to call me because I don't have time to chase them around.

I finally got a call back, appears as if the line at the base of the coil looks cracked, must wait a few days until another one comes in. However this really doesn't explain why I have to lower my sensitivity way down in order to use my 17" coil as I explained to John. He says it is normal that the sensitivity may have to be turned down, not according to those I've spoken to here at the forum. Most of the people I've spoken to say they can actually bump up their sensitivity higher, oh well what can I say? I'm just glad I'll be getting it back within a week or so. I still have some issues with Minelab's customer service even though they "fixed" the problem.

Consider this: around 2002 I called Minelab in Las Vegas and ordered a new Explorer XS. I told them I had moved from the Central Coast of California to the San Diego area and to ship the machine to my new address which I gave them. So they still shipped the machine to the Central Coast. Around that time, I ordered a new scoop from an accessory dealer in Florida. He shipped the scoop to somebody else in San Diego.

I think the Detector industry needs to shape up. Granted there are certain dealers that always get it right. SunRay comes to mind with some others. I wish I could give excellent marks to all, but I can't.... nes

DaytonaGold said:
DaytonaGold said:

I finally got a call back, appears as if the line at the base of the coil looks cracked, must wait a few days until another one comes in. However this really doesn't explain why I have to lower my sensitivity way down in order to use my 17" coil as I explained to John. He says it is normal that the sensitivity may have to be turned down, not according to those I've spoken to here at the forum. Most of the people I've spoken to say they can actually bump up their sensitivity higher, oh well what can I say? I'm just glad I'll be getting it back within a week or so. I still have some issues with Minelab's customer service even though they "fixed" the problem.

I can run mine at Auto +3 just about everywhere I've taken it. Sorry to hear about your problems. My CTX broke not even a month after I got it, but it was repaired within 2 weeks and has been fine ever since. I don't mine waiting if I know it's going to be fixed and fixed right, but in your case I'm not sure you're getting an honest answer on the sensitivity issue.