Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Mix of Silver / Relics / Jewelry / Tokens And A Complete Non Metal Surprise In The Hole!

floodplaindetector

Finds are from the last 2 weekends at researched old schools and city parks. Everything shown was found with the Minelab eTrac + 10x12 SEF Coil.
I detected in some heavy rain and 90 degree temps to make these finds.

This part is too dumb to make up. I was detecting a couple weeks ago in an old pounded city park along the Red River and pulled a V nickel, 2 buffalos and a few wheat pennies. Toward the end of the hunt, I hit a 12-35 (Indian Head Penny like signal) at about 6 inches.
That signal turned out to be a crushed up ball of foil. I then noticed a small white rock in the hole. I couldn't believe it. An ARROWHEAD!! What are the chances of me digging that rock arrowhead up by chance. I have pulled a fair amount of marbles
and a few bottles by chance in my time but never anything like that.

One of my favorite sites over the weekend was a small town 1960s elementary school I did some research on during the week. One thing that caught my eye was the amount of area it had in the back and the trees around the edge looked a little too old for the building.
I dug into the history of that site a little deeper and figured out the old high school sat at the same site. I knew the playground probably had a lot of fill dirt with the newer building but I had a feeling there could be old targets around the edges.
When I arrived at the school Saturday morning, the local grounds keeper was mowing nearby and stopped to chat with me. He was very nice and said "have at er but I don't know what you will find here".
Every item pictured in my hand was found at that school playground. All the old targets were 4-10 inches.
The old Caterpillar watch fob was about a 10 inch signal that sounded like a scratchy quarter signal. That was found at another old school later in the day.
That company stamped on the back of the fob started in 1914. I found the same fob on eBay for $125 but the back was wore off on that one.

Thanks for looking!
Dave

Coin Finds
1969 Kennedy Silver Half (40%)
1926 Canadian Quarter
1907 Barber dime and numerous mercury dimes back to 1916, Silver Roosevelt dimes
1906,Dateless buffalo,1919, 1921 buffalos and few Jefferson 1940s-59 Nickels
1700s Chinese Cash Coin
Not pictured are 40 wheat pennies and 1 1940 Canadian penny

Non Coin Finds
1938 300th Anniversary Landing of Swedes In America Medal
Old Brass Caterpillar Diesel Watch Fob
Pin With a Knight shown
1940s-50s Junior Fire Marshall Ring (I have found about 4 of these over the years)
Medal with Script writing
2 Good For 5 cents in trade tokens
Good For Amusement Only Brass Token
Michigan Circus Brass Token (1960s)
Side of an old Hubley Farmall "H" Toy Tractor (1940s-50s)
Rock Arrowhead
Small Sterling Heart Pendant
Silver Hair Pin or Hair Slide
Disabled Veteran Tag
Other Misc. Items

FindsAtSchoolSite.jpg
GroupShot.jpg
EarlyCaterpillarWatchFob.jpg
1938MedalSide1.jpg
1938MedalSide2.jpg
Arrowhead.jpg
SilverCoins.jpg
LargePin.jpg
JuniorFireMarshallRing.jpg
SterlingPendantAndSilverHairPin.jpg

seems like the 10 x 12 sef is working fairly well for you...is your hunting partner using the tornado still....and is he doings as well ?

I haven't hunted with him in a couple weeks as he has had some weekend work to do.
Yes, the coil seems very quiet, which I like. It also seems to have good depth and separation.
The school where I got that old Caterpillar Watch Fob has been pounded by people hard for decades so I was somewhat surprised I pulled that there.
So far it seems like I am hitting a lot of targets with it which is good.
Dave

seems like the 10 x 12 sef is working fairly well for you...is your hunting partner using the tornado still....and is he doings as well ?

That is a good thing to know....I was wondering if it would work out for you as it did for the guy I hunted with....and you are still getting the good stuff...nice pics....congrats on those finds !
Another weapon that needs to be added to the etracs ability to get the deep, good stuff...especially when dry conditions come upon us...in our case...thanks dave !
ELMY

You bet Elmy,
thanks for looking.
Dave
That is a good thing to know....I was wondering if it would work out for you as it did for the guy I hunted with....and you are still getting the good stuff...nice pics....congrats on those finds !
Another weapon that needs to be added to the etracs ability to get the deep, good stuff...especially when dry conditions come upon us...in our case...thanks dave !
ELMY

Hard to even go ouside here in Ohio....and so dry ! Coins are not so easy in hot , dry weather....the shy away from a lot of coils.

And bugs all over the place.....dedicated detectorist still prevail as floodplaindetector proves with his finds.
GET OUT THERE !

thanks.
Finds shown were from 2 Saturday full day hunts and 2 Sunday full day hunts at a string of multiple public sites that I planned out before and thought would still hold some deep targets.
Was out of the house and on the road by 6:30 am and hunted till about 5 pm each day.

Holy smokes that looks a years worth of finds...did you sleep ?lol... very nicely done...

thanks.
Finds shown were from 2 Saturday full day hunts and 2 Sunday full day hunts at a string of multiple public sites that I planned out before and thought would still hold some deep targets.
Was out of the house and on the road by 6:30 am and hunted till about 5 pm each day.
Wow! Dave! That's a long day and it sure paid off for you! I haven't been out due to the heat and bugs myself!

Congrats on the sweet finds. Really like the watch fob. The kids ring is cool . Simpler times back then. I'll bet the kid really felt important and played the part of a fire marshal, that's when imaginations were used and the sky was the limit. HH

Thanks Ronald. I believe I have found 3 other Junior fire marshal rings before but this one has the Elk on it instead of fire hat. I love finding those old toys and having my Dad see them and talk about them.
He just turned 91 in June and is still on our family farm. One story he conveyed to me was when he turned 9 he got a buffalo nickel and a jack knife for his birthday and thought he was king of the world that day.
Dave
Congrats on the sweet finds. Really like the watch fob. The kids ring is cool . Simpler times back then. I'll bet the kid really felt important and played the part of a fire marshal, that's when imaginations were used and the sky was the limit. HH