Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A new 1st in 37 years hunting

Larry (IL)

My first U.S. silver dollar. I heard they were out there, but up to now, that was just a rumor to me. o_O It looks like a lawn mower found it before me, otherwise it would have been in very nice condition.

dollar.jpgdollar1.jpgdollar3.jpg

Congratulations!!! Fantastic find Larry!! Too bad it was hit. :( That is one coin I haven’t found yet....

Excellent find Honey. I was excited when you yelled out and then brought it over to me. :love: Holy Cow! What a BIG chunk of silver! It's a beauty too. :) Congratulations on a "New First"! :clapping:

It's good to see you detecting again and building those muscles after having your open heart surgery just a bit over 2 months ago. ❤ 😘

Thanks for the kudos you two.

Fantastic find Larry, what is the date on that coin? How deep was it?

That is a 1921 which happens to be the year my Dad was born. He would have been 99 years old as well. It was only 4 inches deep and a note for the CTX3030 users........... it read as 01-44 on my machine as it does on others, so make sure you you guys and gals have that section accepted. I also suspected it was on edge because the numbers were bouncing all over the place but definitely in the silver range. Only out of the ground did it settle down to a 01-44.

BTW If you click on the little boxes in the upper right of the picture, you will get the full picture, or a slide show as well as other features.

When Larry threw the silver dollar on the ground :yikes:, my Whites MXT PRO read a solid 94.

I bet he wouldn't have thrown it on the ground if he knew how pretty it cleaned up. :poke:

Great to hear your up and about Larry . Nice going on the sweet bucket lister .My one and only Silver dollar is a 1921 also . They are sure a thrilling , unforgettable find , huge congrats !

Great to hear your up and about Larry . Nice going on the sweet bucket lister .My one and only Silver dollar is a 1921 also . They are sure a thrilling , unforgettable find , huge congrats !

Thanks for the Kudos DD. Not only am I up and around, the cardiologists say I can even go back to work........ which I have :D

My first U.S. silver dollar. I heard they were out there, but up to now, that was just a rumor to me. o_O It looks like a lawn mower found it before me, otherwise it would have been in very nice condition.

View attachment 5951View attachment 5952View attachment 5954
Amazing find regardless of condition. In 30 years hunting I've been blessed with finding 5 silver dollars. Water hunting accounts for 2 that were found on key chains in the Gulf of Mexico & were very weathered. A nice one behind a beach beer pub that must have been a lost lucky pocket keepsake. Next was a nice one found where land behind a beach restaurant was cleared to add more space. Best of all was in a very trashy piece of older land, an amazing 1895o (key date).

Attachments

• 1895 Morgan.jpg
    1895 Morgan.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 231
  • 1895 Morgan 0.jpg
    1895 Morgan 0.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 226
Amazing find regardless of condition. In 30 years hunting I've been blessed with finding 5 silver dollars. Water hunting accounts for 2 that were found on key chains in the Gulf of Mexico & were very weathered. A nice one behind a beach beer pub that must have been a lost lucky pocket keepsake. Next was a nice one found where land behind a beach restaurant was cleared to add more space. Best of all was in a very trashy piece of older land, an amazing 1895o (key date).

Congrats on the beautiful 1895-0

Larry congrats on the Silver Dollar find. Nothing like finding a big ol' silver to get things exciting in a hurry. I have only found one, but boy do I remember that day well. I found it with the MXT Pro. In fact, Nancy has that machine today. I should have kept it :) But I know it went to a really good home Now that Whites have gone kaput, I might just pick up a new All-Pro while they can still be had.

Anyhow, again congrats on the really nice find and tell Nancy hi for me.
20131208_212936.jpg
20131208_212954.jpg