Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Question About The Equinox Coil Wire

E-Trac-Ohio

Just curious why Minelab did the "old style coil wire wrapping" on the Equinox ?
Couldn't they have run the coil wire up through the inside of the lower and upper legs, like they did on some of their other machines ?

E-Trac-Ohio said:
Just curious why Minelab did the "old style coil wire wrapping" on the Equinox ?
Couldn't they have run the coil wire up through the inside of the lower and upper legs, like they did on some of their other machines ?

For what purpose?
1- that requires a larger shaft (and more weight - weight on the lower end)
2- that requires cutting a hole in the lower shaft (a place for a cable to get rubbed/worn/cut)
3- that requires cutting a hole in the upper shaft (a place for a cable to get rubbed/worn/cut)
4- that requires fishing a coil cable up and out the upper shaft when you want to change coils (I know, its an academic argument at this point since other coils arent available yet)

You would only make it harder to change with zero benefits for 99% of hunters. I can see where people who hunt in deep brush would want an internal cable for protection but that isn't something affecting the vast majority of people who use it.

True wireless like the XP Deus is the way forward in the 21st century.

Still I guess its price cutting by using the old fashioned coiled around a shaft wiring.:thumbdown:

Nevertheless its functional and affordable, thats what is most important to many detectorists.

Happy Hunting.

Jerry.

True wirelees dont work in very deep water. Im with Jason....have u ever swung the CTX in the water.... its like you are swinging a dead horse... way to much drag. As a water guy I do howeve drill a hole at the bottom on my lower shaft... lets water and sand out easily. This works best in my case having the cable outside. Jason didnt mention it but CF is pretty sharp to so u would have to add protectors