Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A QUESTION FOR TESORO:

MI-AuAg

First of all, I must say, I am not a Tesoro owner. I could have been, had the "Cazador" come to fruition.

I have an interest in all brands and models of detectors. It bothers me to see a venerable company like Tesoro languishing in stagnation with suggestions of it's impending demise!

It seems to me, rather than changing the color of control boxes on existing models, why not make a few MEANINGFUL modifications to a few popular models?

Over the years, I have read how the Tesoro faithful have expressed desires of things like multi tone ID, better/different ground balance, etc., on a variety of models. Why not pick a couple popular models and make those meaningful/useful uprades? A Tejon "II", or Lobo ST "Plus", or whatever. It could add renewed interest, and additional cash flow, both, important to the continued viability of ANY company! IT WOULD SHOW THAT TESORO IS STILL IN THE GAME.

The upgrades would not require any difficult, or expensive engineering. Just upgrades to proven, existing models. (some people are making these upgrades/mods on their workbench)

Moving forward with a few upgrades could eventually pave the way to a Cazador type machine in the future, by showing that Tesoro is moving in a forward direction.

JUST A THOUGHT.

This is merely repetition of posts of many of loyal Tesoro users. We moved on. To go with my Tesoros, I purchased an MX5. One heavy Tesoro user purchased an F70. Another, a Racer. They still have some fine machines that fill in the gaps, but there are fine machines that fill needs of those with different thinking from other companies. So we can now do the same as Tesoro-make a choice. And I still say it's not the detector-it's the detector.

I guess to me, that is the sad part of it.

Many of the "loyal Tesoro users" seem to have "moved on" The loyal users are a companies bread and butter. Tesoro always seemed to have a loyal core following. Losing them to other brands, without any attempt on their part to communicate any positive indication that they are moving forward is sad. I guess it is what it is.

I have two, still use them here and there so I am still a loyal user, I guess.
What I own I like, seems to do the job in my situations and even though there are other models with different features none are enough to make me consider moving to them, could be fun but more fun than I have with mine now probably not.
This probably goes for any units tweaked in ways you described.
More advantageous for me, probably not.
Plus I also got into screen unit Fishers a few years ago and even though only to be used as back up and take on vacation detectors I found I really had an affinity for them and enjoy them too but in a different way and right now a preferred way.

Always open to new tools if they offer value, I was looking at the new Whites waterproof detector since I was considering getting into the water a bit and as good as the AT Pro seems to be me and the tones that one puts out are not exactly on the same page.
With all the bad buzz lately about the Whites that one is off the table for consideration for now.

If Tesoro does come out with something modern and new that has features important to me I would definitely be on board with that knowing their quality levels and the thought put into their dated but still very useable designs from the past.
Will that ever happen, who knows?
Will I hold my breath waiting, nahh...but there is always hope because that costs me nothing.
I hope it does happen for them someday.

MI-AuAg said:
I guess to me, that is the sad part of it.

Many of the "loyal Tesoro users" seem to have "moved on" The loyal users are a companies bread and butter. Tesoro always seemed to have a loyal core following. Losing them to other brands, without any attempt on their part to communicate any positive indication that they are moving forward is sad. I guess it is what it is.
I'm not so sure we've lost them. I would love to take a Tejon or a Deleon for a spin. You should try one of their detectors-many of us swear by them. I have an old Royal Sabre and it was so far ahead of it's time it still rivals some of today's detectors. There are some YouTube videos placing the Minelab and Tejon basically head to head. Also, one of the Vaquero being g/b'd negatively and hitting a quarter at 12". The Cortes and Eldorado have posted some good depths on coins. The lobo has gold abilities and has hit dimes at 10". And I can't say enough about the lowly Compadre!

I guess the whole world "moves on", but that doesn't mean today's world is a better place to be than it was 20 years ago.

The oldest Tesoro I have now is one I bought in 2002..it was a good machine then, it is a good machine now. I liked it then, I still like it now. It found coins and jewellery then...it finds coins and jewellery now. I had fun with it then, I still have fun with it now. I have four Tesoros about which I can say the same things.

I have other machines, (quite a few) and each machine I have is different from the others...most of the other machines are newer than the Tesoros that I have, but I wouldn't go so far as to say they are significantly better, mainly different. There are some features on my Tesoros that I like better than any of the other machines that I have...there are some features on my other machines which my Tesoros don't have.

I guess I could go on and on about these vague and useless comparisons. I regard my detectors as machines which suit me...they don't have to suit anyone else...no-one else has to like or dislike my machines.

Whether Tesoro, or any other company brings out a new detector or modifies a current model is not going to change my life in any significant way. So, I don't worry about it.

I enjoy metal detecting and get a lot of fun out of it. I enjoy reading about other people's experiences. I enjoy detecting on my own...I enjoy detecting with others.

All my metal detectors have given me times of fun and enjoyment, so I really don't see the point in getting myself upset or worried about what one or another company might or might not do, regarding their detectors. There are plenty to choose from within a huge price range.

I don't think I need any more than that. HH

I have a new Tiger Shark on the way and should be here any day. I love my Tejon which will keep up with any high dollar machine without the bells and whistles. Problem is people don't spend enough time learning their language and what it is telling you. They may not be the newest sleek camo with a fancy design, but performance wise, they'll still keep up with many of them.

I hear what you're saying slingshot. I guess the crux of my post was that I am hopeful that Tesoro re-establishes some sort of communication with it's customers or potential customers. Hopefully to let them know that they are moving in a positive direction. The silence is deafening.

As to the abilities of it's current, yet dated line, I believe in terms of depth and ability to locate items, they're as good as any. As you alluded to earlier, the ability of the operator is as important as the machine.

I first detected as a kid with my father, it was late 60's,-70. When I got back into it many years later, the multi tone, visual ID machines intrigued me. That happened to be the direction I went. Of the three machines I currently use, Tesoro was in the running for two of the three purchases, they just didn't make the final cut. Certainly not because there is anything wrong with them, I have a great deal of respect for the brand.

To be honest, the one no screen detector I regret not getting is a Sovereign GT, before they were out of production.

Well I for one have a gaggle of tesoros and love them.
I can always count on them to find anything valuable in the ground. I own and love each one but all for different reasons and areas.
I have new fangled machines and trying to get along with them. One issue is rather than take one of my "nice" machines out and try to understand what it's saying, I take out my tesoros and find the goods. Many times almost literally following someone who doesn't know I'm even there because they have their headphones on and staring at a screen.

I'm not getting into the politics of tesoro, but I am standing up and saying they are my favorite machines out of all I've tried. I have two of the top Turkish machines that some say outperform or match the top of the line out there and I still never feel more comfortable or confident than when I have a tesoro in my hand.

chickamauga said:
Did the Tesoro forum get deleted or am I missing it somewhere?

Why, yes. Yes, it did.
The Tesoro forum has disappeared into the twilight zone....

re named , gone , same thing.

I have said it till I am green in the face there is only so many ways to arrange knobs and switches.

if you want something outstanding from Tesoro get all the parts at +- 2% not 22% and see what your holding then granted it might cost you as much as a ctx but man what dream to use.

anyway doesn't matter any of it really its pretty clear we have been given the finger by Tesoro on this website so take that as you may.

AJ

The Tejon is way better than the f70 and the Relic. The Tejon went deeper than the f70 and is the reason I got rid of the Relic. The Tejon just out hunted it with ease. That's what I've seen in my ground anyway.

Rick

Rick said:
The Tejon is way better than the f70 and the Relic. The Tejon went deeper than the f70 and is the reason I got rid of the Relic. The Tejon just out hunted it with ease. That's what I've seen in my ground anyway.

Rick
I don't have a Tejon but I do have the vaquero and the relic. Both seem to be able to do things that each other can't. But for the abilities of the tesoros with no screen is awesome. I don't think I'll ever sell any of my tesoros.

Purchased a Garrett AT Pro along with 5x8 and Cors Strike coil as well as stock Garrett coil. Have not used one of my Tesoros since in fact sold a Silver Sabre Umax and a couple of coils. Bought my son an AT Pro with 5x8 also. He found his first silver just the other day an 1892 Barber dime and a week ago I found my third silver 3 cent piece.using the Cors coil in an area I have pounded with the Tesoros. I like the iron audio feature and the multiple tones that will pop thru in iron infested sites. Will the Tesoros I have still work, (Bandido 2 umax,and Vaquero) probably but they seem a bit outmoded by the AT pro.

Like I said on the other thread that got deleted. With the top person there now, do not expect much from Tesoro anytime soon or ever from them. Maybe another color change or a coil. Seems they just can't do more than that. It's a shame really. I think the son is in way over his head running the show and that is obvious. The father made a decent company, had a good following with loyal customers. With him gone now they are losing their followers and have turned their back on their customers by ignoring them. Even blew off this most popular forum. Its really really sad and the only ones they can blame is themselves for allowing it to happen. They should just merge with another company and give the reins to someone who is competent in business and customer relations. Tesoro has lost it and does not seem to even care or try to. Announcing a new product before you even start developing it? That is just plain stupidity and with decision making like that what can we possibly expect from them? Come on, lets be real here. Sometimes people just need a good kick in the rear end or a slap across the face to snap them out of it. That what the president of Tesoro needs. plain and simple.

jld66 said:
Like I said on the other thread that got deleted. With the top person there now, do not expect much from Tesoro anytime soon or ever from them. Maybe another color change or a coil. Seems they just can't do more than that. It's a shame really. I think the son is in way over his head running the show and that is obvious. The father made a decent company, had a good following with loyal customers. With him gone now they are losing their followers and have turned their back on their customers by ignoring them. Even blew off this most popular forum. Its really really sad and the only ones they can blame is themselves for allowing it to happen. They should just merge with another company and give the reins to someone who is competent in business and customer relations. Tesoro has lost it and does not seem to even care or try to. Announcing a new product before you even start developing it? That is just plain stupidity and with decision making like that what can we possibly expect from them? Come on, lets be real here. Sometimes people just need a good kick in the rear end or a slap across the face to snap them out of it. That what the president of Tesoro needs. plain and simple.

This is the reason Tesoro decided to give up on this forum, it's rhetoric like this. I think they made a wise decision to quit sponsorship on here.

This post will probably get me booted off here, so be it, at least this is the way I call it.