Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A question regarding 'local' and 'global' settings

jas415

For over a month I failed to see that I had 'notched out' 25, 26, 27 and 28. So I notched them back in, all black around the arc. But, when I shut the machine off and turn it back on the same old 'notched out' is there so I have to notch them in. I thought in 'local' the changes would be saved for that program, Field 2. What am I missing?

On another program Park 1, there are several 'notched our', white' areas and I have reset them at least a dozen times but they are not saved.

Try a factory re-set (re-sets all the programs--global).---Shut the detector off for a short time & then turn it back on.----That's "starting from scratch" so to speak.----If you haven't already done that, try doing that & let us know.

Do a factory reset by holding down the power button until FP shows on your screen. That should put your nox back to the way it was when you first turned it on. That should fix your problem.

Factory reset ...... seems to be a term we need to get used to.

So I did a factory reset, and had all the areas notched in. Nothing out. Then again created all the bins and tones for a 5 tone operation. I hunt in Field 2 most of the time. Turned the machine off and then back on and the original 'notched out' areas were back again. I think that somehow in creating the tone bins I have notched out the numbers somehow, even though the areas were all in black. I have done this three times now, did the reset, recreated all the bins and tones and volumes and everything looked great. Turn it off and back on and in Park 1 there are 4 areas notched out, in Park 2 there is 1, Field 1 is ok but Field 2 has 23, 24, 25 and 26 notched out.

I know this operator error on my part but I am struggling to figure out what I am doing that creates the notched out areas.

That's why I asked you to shut it off for a short time & then turn it back on (to see what happens).------You are having something similar to what I had on mine.-----There's a "memory" that is in effect there somehow (or so it seems to me).----With mine, I just kept re-setting & messing with it and it finally pulled out of it.----What did I do (was the solution)?---I dunno!:shrug:------I just kept trying re-sets (and manual adjustments) and it pulled out of it---works fine now.--------Stay with it--maybe call Minelab for advice on this situation.-----We (the users) are all learning this machine together.----I don't think there's such a thing as an Equinox "expert" (user) yet.:)
jas415 said:
So I did a factory reset, and had all the areas notched in. Nothing out. Then again created all the bins and tones for a 5 tone operation. I hunt in Field 2 most of the time. Turned the machine off and then back on and the original 'notched out' areas were back again. I think that somehow in creating the tone bins I have notched out the numbers somehow, even though the areas were all in black. I have done this three times now, did the reset, recreated all the bins and tones and volumes and everything looked great. Turn it off and back on and in Park 1 there are 4 areas notched out, in Park 2 there is 1, Field 1 is ok but Field 2 has 23, 24, 25 and 26 notched out.

I know this operator error on my part but I am struggling to figure out what I am doing that creates the notched out areas.

Thanks D&P, I think what is happening is when 'creating' a 'tone bin' with volumes, etc., I somehow do a 'global' that notches out the area where one tone bin ends and the next starts, but that 'global' does not show up on all programs, Park 1 through Field 2. As in Field 2 the only area 'notched out is the '23' area. Tone bin '4' ends there and 5 starts there. It doesnt explain how 'Park 1' had 3 areas all below 13 that are 'white' or notched out. But, I am working on it as I know it probably is operator error in some way.

I will do some more resets and 'bin creations' today and see if that can clear it. It isnt a big issue if I remember to do the 'accept/reject' to 'notch in' the whited out areas each time I turn it on. I know the machine is working well, though, and the small coil makes this a lightweight 3030. VDI's are so much more reliable with the small footprint.

I can't verify if this is correct, but I read once that for the Nox, a true factory reset may not happen on a single try, and that it needs to be performed four (4) times in succession.
So since I can't verify this, a caveat is needed.
Your problem looks very troubling, just wanted to give you another tool to try. Good luck.

If you arent happy that its doing what its supposed to........ id be calling ML and send it in. It can be frustrating as all get out if the thing isnt working correctly. Knock on wood ive not experienced any problems thus far that required me to REBOOT. NOWs the time to have it looked at. It likely wont get better.... and it might get worse.

dewcon4414 said:
If you aren't happy that its doing what its supposed to........ id be calling ML and send it in. It can be frustrating as all get out if the thing isnt working correctly. Knock on wood ive not experienced any problems thus far that required me to REBOOT. NOWs the time to have it looked at. It likely wont get better.... and it might get worse.

I agree Dew...if you don't have confidence in it's working properly..kinda defeats your hunts.. and your always second guessing if you are finding all you should be finding.
Like Dew said..now is the time send it in..

I wouldn't be sending it in till I at least talked to Minelab.----This may well be just the "the nature of the beast" (or it could be operator error).----It seems like a simple detector to set up but I'll tell yah, it's different (more finicky in setting up) than a CTX or Etrac---and I've had them all.---I'm talking about when you start setting breaks & tones.---That's been my experience with it anyway.----I like it ok but have about decided just to go with the factory programs with a few simple adjustments.------Del

I have no issue at all with finding good stuff and I dont doubt the machine at all,12 silver coins and a ring in the last 3 hunts, but only because I 'notch in' the numbers. I know in my heart this is my operator skills, or I hope it is. Anyway I will test the reset 4 or 5 times and then do a very careful bin setup to see if it cures it. Will let you fellas know.

Tks for the responses.