Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Record Setting Saturday

jimzilla

I was able to get out yesterday for about 6 hours. It was my first time out in 2 weeks which is very rare for me. I hit an area that I and many others have hit over the years. This time I really slowed down and crossed the area at all angles possible. I was able to find 16 silver coins...6 Barber dimes, 7 Mercs, 1 Rosy and 2 War nickels (they kinda don't count but my silver record was 14 set back in 1984). My best hole was two 2-cent pieces right on top of each other (1864). I also had a small coin spill with a 1910 Barber and 2 Wheaties in the same hole. Not in the pic are 5 Indians that are not cleaned yet.

[attachment 277760 014.JPG][attachment 277761 013.JPG]

Congratulations! Those are some excellent finds. The silver is amazing. But like you, getting those 2-cent pieces "paired up" are a unique find. Nicely done. HH Randy

Wow! That would be a great YEAR for me! Outstanding.

Great job Jim...!

Congrats. That's an amazing number for one day. My personal best is 8 and you doubled that. You guys sure have some great opportunities over there. I'm envious.

Wow, had you hit this before with the CTX? If not, what did you use before you had this beast of a machine? I would love to find that much silver in a spot that I had been to before!

Well over here in the UK we have 2 basic types of silver coin , pre- decimal silver coins and hammered silver coins. The pre decimal silver these days is rare because grass land sites are fairly "worked out"
Hammered silver seems so hard to find at least where i am in the UK. I think choice of site is much more important than make or model of detector when looking for silver coins.
I find the ctx 3030 is hot on silver but so far i found just 1 small silver item. No gold rings as yet. I dig the foil and the tabs but this year has been unlucky for rings with just 2 rings found, one a thin silver
ring and one costume jewelry base metal ring both got with explorer s. . Going back to 2000 i built a cheap c scope metal detector from a kit and found 2 big gold rings with it. Luck plays a big part too i am sure.

MNetrac said:
Wow, had you hit this before with the CTX? If not, what did you use before you had this beast of a machine? I would love to find that much silver in a spot that I had been to before!

Yes I hit this spot many times. The key to covering an area is covering all angles. Going over it from north to south is not going to get everything. You need to get all angles. Sometimes I go in straight lines, other times I go in circles.

Not one, but two 2 cent pieces! I've only found one in 30 years.

doninbrewster said:
Not one, but two 2 cent pieces! I've only found one in 30 years.

Don I found 5 this year LOL

Love those 2 centers!

Jim your making everybody look bad on here , your just going to have to quit posting your finds. Awesome hunt man you killed it . Go's to show what a good spot still has left. sube

sube said:
Jim your making everybody look bad on here , your just going to have to quit posting your finds. Awesome hunt man you killed it . Go's to show what a good spot still has left. sube

NAHHH All I do is turn the machine on and dig...its that easy