Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A very successful coin pattern

Elmy

That is all for me folks...shutting down the computer and turning on the detector....
I may learn something .... anyway...time to hit the dirt swinging !

E L M Y

The 1-10 pattern. WHY the name ?.... it looks like 1 10 on the etrac screen.
Tight pattern...not to much trash... most iron disc'd out...a beep and dig program.
Even a one way signal can be a coin with this pattern... it is that tight on the coin
windows. A cherry picking program, not quite, I have pulled many coins while testing
this pattern. Listen to the sounds of coins to learn the tones of the etrac while still
coming home with keepers. Those with test gardens , load it up and give it a shot. It
will hit a 10 inch dime and give a 46 co target id. Deep wheat cent signals can turn up
2 cents...mercs and even worn seated dimes "Grey line disc" and dig all the deep ones.

Run it with "smooth search mode" and use the "grey line disc" and it may bury your depth guage!

Now the patterns and setting I use with it....FOR HEAD PHONES TURN THE AUDIO VOLUME LIMIT DOWN!
This is setup for not using headphones...if you don't change it, it will blow your ears out !

1 10 pattern

1-10 Pattern.jpg

1 10 pattern...."The settings"

1-10 pattern settings.jpg

Thank you very much for posting this Elmy. I'm taking in all your information, when I get the time to use it is the issue. I love coin hunting but the recovery calls are what allow me to own top of the line detectors.

Tuesday

Thursday - This call on Thursday I did not get to sleep Friday morning at 2:00 am and back up at 6:00 am to work 10.5 hours Friday.

I've had 17 calls since July 4 and working on #18 now.

Admin if the links are not allowed delete them.

Thanks
Clare

Thank you very much for posting this Elmy. I'm taking in all your information, when I get the time to use it is the issue.

Tuesday

Thursday - This call on Thursday I did not get to sleep Friday morning at 2:00 am and back up at 6:00 am to work 10.5 hours Friday.

Thanks
Clare
throw me a few likes so I know you are interested in the posts...I never really know if people are interested.

Ok, will do just figured out we had a like button. Never knew it was there.

I am very curious on this pattern. When I use the Bill S. trashy park pattern I loose 1 inch in depth.

Thank you very much for posting this Elmy. I'm taking in all your information, when I get the time to use it is the issue. I love coin hunting but the recovery calls are what allow me to own top of the line detectors.

Tuesday

Thanks
Clare
very cool post !

got a test garden ...a friend built one in February with a 10 inch silver dime....Nailed it !
It is a run and gun pattern that works very well....when you don't have a lot of time to dig iffy .....maybe...might be... a coin. BEEP and DIG !

I do have a test garden. I have a 9 inch mercury dime thats been there a couple years. If i run the Andy S pattern hits with no issues. If I use the Bill S pattern it will just barley hit it. My yard is full of iron also a contractor used to own the house and did burning of construction materials. I had a hard time finding a spot to put a test garden. I will try your pattern this weekend as long as I do not get any more calls. Thanks

I do have a test garden. I have a 9 inch mercury dime thats been there a couple years. If i run the Andy S pattern hits with no issues. If I use the Bill S pattern it will just barley hit it. My yard is full of iron also a contractor used to own the house and did burning of construction materials. I had a hard time finding a spot to put a test garden. I will try your pattern this weekend as long as I do not get any more calls. Thanks
the 1-10 pattern is a little deeper than bill s ...if it doesn't hit...going to 22 fe on the pattern is as deep as you should go or you start hitting nails.

I do believe it will hit that 9 inch merc as it is....let us all know...Thanks
If it doesn't hit it ...I just looked at bills pattern and it has a bottom of 19 fe.....the 1-10 pattern bottoms at 20....in another post I have a post for beginners to find silver....
It is a very easy pattern to copy ...try it.
if the 1-10 pattern doesn't hit it solid...try the pattern in my post etrac for beginners... pattern for silver

Me thinks you know the Etrac better than the Minelab engineers that created it. :unsure: (y)

Used the "similar" pattern and your settings yesterday in an old/often detected park. Too hot (>102 deg.) to hunt very long. Dug 1 zincoln, 2 clad dimes and 1 good condition, 1918 wheatie (y) plus a small, but heavy brass pipe fitting. Unfortunately, park has tons of traffic (young parents w/kids) so lots of foil trash, etc and thus threshold nulls/blanks often. Never encountered a "truly good" target. Still need a better site. :rolleyes:

Used the "similar" pattern and your settings yesterday in an old/often detected park. Too hot (>102 deg.) to hunt very long. Dug 1 zincoln, 2 clad dimes and 1 good condition, 1918 wheatie (y) plus a small, but heavy brass pipe fitting. Unfortunately, park has tons of traffic (young parents w/kids) so lots of foil trash, etc and thus threshold nulls/blanks often. Never encountered a "truly good" target. Still need a better site. :rolleyes:
wow...just think if you had an open pattern.....keep using it and it will get you there on a better spot to detect.