Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

a word or to

mrsspk said:
Well is Minelab simultaneous frequency or sequential frequency? Seems they have never truly answered that question.

Who cares?! Could you tell the difference? At least it's got it! Lets call it Multi Frequency (like most of us always have before the definition was "blurred" for marketing purposes). Not just select-able single frequency.

Dean

Being a slack / casual Aussie , I can't believe all these hysterics over a detector on this Equinox forum . I don't give a " RATS TOSS BAG " whether
you cancel your orders or sulk back to your other favourite Detectors . Do that and I may come back to this Equinox forum when you are all long gone . To all you guys
hanging in their , good luck when you get your machines and I hope to a person you all love them and find plenty .!!!!!
For now I'll go read Steve's daily update reports on the NOX.

Cheers from Aus
goldrat

goldrat said:
Being a slack / casual Aussie , I can't believe all these hysterics over a detector on this Equinox forum . I don't give a " RATS TOSS BAG " whether
you cancel your orders or sulk back to your other favourite Detectors . Do that and I may come back to this Equinox forum when you are all long gone . To all you guys
hanging in their , good luck when you get your machines and I hope to a person you all love them and find plenty .!!!!!

Cheers from Aus
goldrat

Silver hunters in the US don’t give a gold rats toss bag if you love your Equinox either. Maybe you can point me in the direction of these “daily updates” on Steve’s forum? You’re insinuating that HE is reporting EVERY DAY on how the Equinox performs? I must have missed that....my apologies if there really are daily reviews from Mr. Herschbach. I’d love to read them for the information!

goldrat said:

Cheers from Aus
goldrat

G'day mate!

mrsspk said:
Dug a Indian head with my Kruzer yesterday. Any Equinox guys find anything:surprised:

mrsspk,

Photos Please ! Don't leave us HANGING. :drool: And you've got to do better than "Dug an Indian head with my Kruzer yesterday", we need DETAILS. Lots of DETAILS. :poke: Oh, and don't forget to include your Kruzer settings; must have information there. :goodnight:

Rich (Utah)

dbado1 said:
Minelab has about a month and I'm cancelling my order and buying a deus. Just the facts. They released the info too early on the machine and now we have waited too long the excitement is turning into anger and frustration, and I am a die hard minelab user. If they can't get it together ill just jump on the xp train.

:nopity:
you are welcome in the Deus camp anytime.. I want the Equinox because i need a waterproof detector. Never give up on my Deus.

Just to be clear, that isn't my quote (as it appears to be). I qouted him and the whiney violin guy was my response. I'm not angry or frustrated.

Dean

Ummmm .....and you wasted more time by replying?? Why are you even on this forum reading and posting wasting even more time???

If you're happy with the CTX....then so be it.........why are you even on this page bashing a over-hyped machine that isn't even out yet..................

rob.ream258 said:
Ummmm .....and you wasted more time by replying?? Why are you even on this forum reading and posting wasting even more time???

If you're happy with the CTX....then so be it.........why are you even on this page bashing a over-hyped machine that isn't even out yet..................

Read ALL the posts. The first response is geared toward asinine clickbait that takes you not to more good information about the Equinox,but rather to a music video. For serious detectorists,that is not part of a serious discussion. It’s all kinds of this stuff floating around. This forum in particular is so bloated with BS(not actual facts and information regarding the Equinox) that the mods should just push the RESET button on it and start over. Just my take on it.
It’s really too early to say if it’s over-hyped or not,there’s just not enough intel. After the first year of it being out we will have a good idea what was right and what is wrong. I’d love to have one as a companion machine to my CTX. I just don’t wanna listen to Richard Marx in the meantime...

Though it tary wait for it surely will come heard they were going to release two a month the guy looked chinese who parachuted in and gave it to Dr,? maybe a seated hunt will help hek I would jump from a plane with a trusty metrotech for that and hand it over.Sure minelab didnt sell out lol,,,,,CEDAR

cedarswamp said:
Though it tary wait for it surely will come heard they were going to release two a month the guy looked chinese who parachuted in and gave it to Dr,? maybe a seated hunt will help hek I would jump from a plane with a trusty metrotech for that and hand it over.Sure minelab didnt sell out lol,,,,,CEDAR

Jason in Enid said:

:lol::lol: (Wiping 5 hour energy off my dashboard)

Rich (Utah) said:
Dug a Indian head with my Kruzer yesterday. Any Equinox guys find anything:surprised:

mrsspk,

Photos Please ! Don't leave us HANGING. :drool: And you've got to do better than "Dug an Indian head with my Kruzer yesterday", we need DETAILS. Lots of DETAILS. :poke: Oh, and don't forget to include your Kruzer settings; must have information there. :goodnight:

Rich (Utah)

OK here are the details then.
Very cold snowy hunt in the woods where I located a couple cellar holes. Running in 3 tone, gain at 90, descrim at 15, nothing notched out, Fe volume at 2, stock tone break points, auto ground balance and I believe it was balanced in around the mid 80's. Started out with the EUD on but this area is pretty rocky with many roots and some area still frozen so I turned off the EUD. Dug the Indian head at about 6" partially on edge and between 2 rocks. Came in at around 42 on the target ID. I would have expected it to ring a little high but it was a good solid repeatable target that and the TID stayed very consistent.

mrsspk said:
OK here are the details then.
Very cold snowy hunt in the woods where I located a couple cellar holes. Running in 3 tone, gain at 90, descrim at 15, nothing notched out, Fe volume at 2, stock tone break points, auto ground balance and I believe it was balanced in around the mid 80's. Started out with the EUD on but this area is pretty rocky with many roots and some area still frozen so I turned off the EUD. Dug the Indian head at about 6" partially on edge and between 2 rocks. Came in at around 42 on the target ID. I would have expected it to ring a little high but it was a good solid repeatable target that and the TID stayed very consistent.
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h281/choppadude/K%20IH%201.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h281/choppadude/KIH2.jpg

:thumbup: Now that's a report Monte would be proud of.

Rich -

mrsspk said:

You can find an indian head penny with any detector. I found plenty with the Tesoro bandido , silver sabre , and whites classics Ive had and they are just old beep/dig machines. I am just not seeing your point.

shoover said:
Minelab has about a month and I'm cancelling my order and buying a deus. Just the facts. They released the info too early on the machine and now we have waited too long the excitement is turning into anger and frustration, and I am a die hard minelab user. If they can't get it together ill just jump on the xp train.

:nopity: you are welcome in the Deus camp anytime.. I want the Equinox because i need a waterproof detector. Never give up on my Deus.
Same here love my Deus sold my Etrac because it heavy and I have bad tennis elbow but that Etrac found me my first gold coin..
So until those Equinox ship someday I’ll still keep hunting with my Deus

My opion at what point are we paying more for preformance than features if it can be done with cheaper machines then why be enticed with new technology.What does make sence is an all in one machine 1 coin hunt 2 relic 3 beach 4 gold prospect 5 water hunt if you are going to find use in all these scenarios, other wise you are paying high dollar for feaures that you wont use.Heres what I look for in a detector 1#Depth, 2#seperaion,3# I.D. where audio fades,4#ability in EMI,5#Ergonomics, 6# Ability in harsh soil, 7# Preformance tones/ battery life.8# Night hunting/back lit screen.This is why I have so many detectors they all excell differently in all these categories plus the pleasure of using them all.Really looking to see how the Equinox stands up here, and cant wait to see field tests from you all.The best metaldetector is the one you have with you that doesent exceed your abillity to know it.Heres my list Teknetics T2, Garret ATgold, Whites MXT,Tesoro Lobo s.t.,Blisstool v3,Minelab Excal,Equinox ? pending your results on this forum,,,,,CEDAR

IDXMonster said:

Read ALL the posts. The first response is geared toward asinine clickbait that takes you not to more good information about the Equinox,but rather to a music video. For serious detectorists,that is not part of a serious discussion. It’s all kinds of this stuff floating around. This forum in particular is so bloated with BS(not actual facts and information regarding the Equinox) that the mods should just push the RESET button on it and start over. Just my take on it.
It’s really too early to say if it’s over-hyped or not,there’s just not enough intel. After the first year of it being out we will have a good idea what was right and what is wrong. I’d love to have one as a companion machine to my CTX. I just don’t wanna listen to Richard Marx in the meantime...
it was meant​ to be funny I did not realize that there was so meny but hurt people my bad ................ I voted for Trump