Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

a word or to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_uWS6K-VF8

After today and how the CTX performed I have decided I don’t even need to try the Equinox. Having horseshit like this wasting my time has soured me for the last and final time. Goodbye Equinox and all to do with it.

ummm yeah.. Im pulling 10 inch plus dimes with my Etrac.. Maybe I'll just get some extra coils!:clapping:

So it seems that some have come to the end of their rope and must bid goodbye.

Don’t forget about us. Maybe drop into the forum once in a while and poke us with a stick and make sure we’re still alive.

Rich

Sorry to hear you give up guys. I can understand the frustration, and as a long time Minelab loyalist, I feel your pain. I guess I'm just not there yet. I'm trying to look at it like this; Minelab is endeavoring to come out with a brand new technology, and at the same time, try to implement the suggestions of their field testers, to make it the best it can be. Surely, they've run into some things which have cost them unexpected time..... Yes, Detectival was most likely unveiling the technology a bit too early in the process, but can you imagine the buzz that they must be experiencing internally when they see just how much better this technology is! f course they were eager to show all of us just how big a change was coming. Perhaps a little too eager.... I for one will forgive the company which has brought me all of my best finds, THROUGH their previous technological advances. Who else could have brought us BBS, FBS, and now Multi-IQ? And how different would recent detecting history be without them.

Rich (Utah) said:
So it seems that some have come to the end of their rope and must bid goodbye.

Don’t forget about us. Maybe drop into the forum once in a while and poke us with a stick and make sure we’re still alive.

Rich
Nice one Rich :thumbup:
It's good to see some humor amidst all the cyberfustration over a temporarliy unobtainable product that has yet to prove itself. I hope the initial release of the EQX is met with good reports and no software issues. The physical build quality ought to be solid given Minelab's past experiences. If it is everything in the field that is promoted and anticipated then the wait is fine with me. If I have to wait because I didn't preorder that's just fine as there ought to be a good knowledge base formed by the time I can obtain one. My interest in the EQX is because it may allow me the option to carry fewer machines on trips further from home and be fully ready for "whatever" detecting environment I happen upon working with the collection I have and use.
How do we judge sour grapes if we have not yet tasted them?
HH-YT

NOXaholic said:
Sorry to hear you give up guys. I can understand the frustration, and as a long time Minelab loyalist, I feel your pain. I guess I'm just not there yet. I'm trying to look at it like this; Minelab is endeavoring to come out with a brand new technology, and at the same time, try to implement the suggestions of their field testers, to make it the best it can be. Surely, they've run into some things which have cost them unexpected time..... Yes, Detectival was most likely unveiling the technology a bit too early in the process, but can you imagine the buzz that they must be experiencing internally when they see just how much better this technology is! f course they were eager to show all of us just how big a change was comin g. Perhaps a little too eager.... I for one will forgive the company which has brought me all of my best finds, THROUGH their previous technological advances. Who else could have brought us BBS, FBS, and now Multi-IQ? And how different would recent detecting history be without them.

I usually don't take part in loyalty discussions, but I agree with NOXaholic. I've never owned, used or even seen in person a minelab machine. But, the EQ just checks all the boxes for me. I was looking for a machine to use in water, mostly freshwater, but I do usually go to the beach for vacation and that's where the multi IQ will come in handy. I'm also eager to try the prospecting mode with it's high frequencies because there's supposed to be gold in the streams around where I live in NC. I have no problem waiting a little longer. I mean, isn't that what most of the complaining is about?

I wish everyone who claims to have quit on the Eq before it is even released would actually do so. Go back to whatever machine's forum you are promoting (long timers) or schilling for (johnny come latelys- yes we know what you are doing) and try to be helpful there. Constantly complaining about something you've never actually seen and maybe even never intend to touch strikes me as quite a sad way to live.
Get out and HUNT some treasure and enjoy you life!

I no longer care when it comes out . But it would be nice before my last Equinox !
My ET and Explorers find lots so i will just wait .

But it does tell Minelab 1 thing . They are going to have to get their skates on if they want to keep the loyalty of people that have said they are getting 1 .
Garrett / Macro / XP and others have machines that even though they might be "obsolete" they still find the goods .

Upsetting Dealers and detectorists like they have will or could cost them sales . I say Dealers as i have already been told that in the UK Dealers are finding it hard to sell machines with the pending Equinox release . That isn't fair to the Dealers .
Minelab are very lucky that there isn't another machine that can do what the Equinox is reported to be capable of . For its price range that is.

Champ Ferguson said:
I wish everyone who claims to have quit on the Eq before it is even released would actually do so. Go back to whatever machine's forum you are promoting (long timers) or schilling for (johnny come latelys- yes we know what you are doing) and try to be helpful there. Constantly complaining about something you've never actually seen and maybe even never intend to touch strikes me as quite a sad way to live.
Get out and HUNT some treasure and enjoy you life!

I wish idiotic posts regarding the supposed release of this or that would quit so we can (you can) concentrate on real facts. Oh yeah,hey Champ! I found 3 silver coins yesterday,digging through absolutely rock hard tundra in Wisconsin! You know WHY? Because I’m freaking DIE HARD brother! I hunt EVERY second I can! Even if it appears to be insurmountable!
This absolute garbage bait click stupidity isn’t doing anything for me man! Whaddaya think I hunt 5 times a year? In fact,I’m going out in the snow...RIGHT NOW!:)

Minelab has about a month and I'm cancelling my order and buying a deus. Just the facts. They released the info too early on the machine and now we have waited too long the excitement is turning into anger and frustration, and I am a die hard minelab user. If they can't get it together ill just jump on the xp train.

Weston05 said:
Minelab has about a month and I'm cancelling my order and buying a deus. Just the facts. They released the info too early on the machine and now we have waited too long the excitement is turning into anger and frustration, and I am a die hard minelab user. If they can't get it together ill just jump on the xp train.

:nopity:

LOL, ya'll are cracking me up!

NOXaholic said:
Minelab is endeavoring to come out with a brand new technology, and at the same time, try to implement the suggestions of their field testers, to make it the best it can be. Surely, they've run into some things which have cost them unexpected time.....

By the time it comes out the new technology will be old technology :p

i want my MTV. I want my MTV. Remember that? seems like that was popular when Minelab said they were introducing a new detector. lol.. Yes, I'm hyped up to get one too and am visiting my daughter in texas so I can get out with it right away but the trusty Deus is doing just fine but I still want a new toy...NOW !!!. I guess many of us are from the NOW generation so this is nothing new. Take a deep breath my friends and a Valium if needed any keep on detecting with your trusty detector for now. Better daze are coming. Tho I have to admit that I have been listening to the Blues a lot more lately and my girlfriend said she'll be back when the NOX arrives so good times bad times we all had our share..lol.. Keep it low and slow til the golden boy gets here.

Just to clarify!....I wasn’t talking about the delayed release or anything to do with Minelab. I am referring to the posts like linking a Richard Marx song to the thread,when I thought I was actually going to be seeing some information regarding the machine itself! That being said,now that I’m calm-er...(thanks Mr. Codone)...since I DO plan on some lower conductor hunting I’m looking forward(perhaps WAY forward) to the actual release,and then real world results! Do I plan on using it to “out achieve” the CTX when it comes to ultra deep silver coins? Well,no. That’s not MY expectation. The expectation is that it’ll be just what it’s advertised to be,not what it’s “hyped up” to be.
I SO wish I was filming in Milwaukee yesterday. Seeing the CTX pulling 2 silver dimes EASILY at 6-7” in a MESS of pull tabs and canslaw was something to behold. It’s truly a special machine,I am planning on the Equinox to be its “partner in crime”,and that between the two no stone will be unturned.
We just don’t need any more nonsense posts. And for corns sake...the spelling of the word is “TWO”!:lol:

mrsspk said:
Dug a Indian head with my Kruzer yesterday. Any Equinox guys find anything:surprised:

Yes! Yes,they have! Jonathon Porter found a couple of silver coins AND gold nuggets (with the same machine) in Australia and a couple did a video showing how two (dis-assembled) Equinox fit in one day pack and how easy it was to assemble them. Then they hunted a beach in HI. and found a bunch of stuff... not just one penny, a whole bunch! Did you find the IHP using the simultaneous multi frequency on the Kruzer:surprised:?

Just so you could see it for yourself, I would provide a link to a specific forum that caters to detecting prospectors, but FM frowns on that.

Dean

Well is Minelab simultaneous frequency or sequential frequency? Seems they have never truly answered that question.